Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vacation plans for 2008.Where should we go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation plans for 2008.Where should we go.

We are talking about goin to US this year.We have never been there,so the choices are numerous.WE are my lady and our two kids,so there shouldn be any long junkyard trips..short one maybe ;).

Any suggestions for us.As said,we haveent been there before.

Where would you send us?

Re: Vacation plans for 2008.Where should we go.

How old are the kids?

Comment

Girl are 9,and the young man is 16.

Comment

Hmmm, where are you coming from?. I drove a truck, and traveled the U.S. for most of 10 years, and I must say we have an amazing country, what would you like to see?, mountains?, desert?, sub tropics?, we got them all, and more, I myself live in the Orlando Fl area, and cant say enough good about our state, but , most every state in the country has really wonderful things to offer.

Comment

We are from Norway.Have some friends that has been to Florida several times.They really think its nice there.

Comment

Florida is OK but the scenery is kinda boring...

out west you have nice beaches, mountains, all kinds of great scenery. Any thing in particular you want to see?
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Clearly, you'll need to get to Maxton, North Carolina on a race weekend. Check <ecta-lsr.com> Not sure about your little girl, but I'l wager the rest of the family will have a great time and you'll meet a BUNCH of Junkyarders. Meet me in Wilmington, NC before and I'll show you around and get you to Maxton (100 miles from Wilmington). Wilmington has one of the prettiest swimming/surfing beaches on the East coast of the US, so the family can enjoy that, too.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek

out west you have nice beaches, mountains, all kinds of great scenery. Any thing in particular you want to see?
                Agreed, also a time frame would be helpful. Natural attractions or theme park kind of stuff?
                "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Myself would have found all the car related events and happenings,but its a family vacation.I had also thought about New Orleans as a starting point.Its in the middle,so we could drive rental car from there.West maybe.Us is big.We cant see eveything now,so we have to get a nice time now. 3 weeks.

Where would you go if you had the family with you?

Comment

Florida is nice, if you like racing, we have the Gator nats, speed weeks(nascar, bikes sports cars), or my pic for a single event the world street nats here in Orlando, as for the kids, you will only be about an hour, to an hour and a half from the beach either direction, if you are in Orlando, then there're the amusement parks, tons of great restaurants, shopping, if you come here I really recommend the state parks, and a airboat ride(they can accommodate your family all at once), then there are the keys, and south Fl, you could easily eat up a couple of weeks here, doing all of that, oh and did I mention some of the VERY best fishing on earth?, if I can be any help, feel free to contact me, and I'll point you in the right direction, as for the junk yards, no help there, but I got a couple out west that I know of that would boggle your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam
                      Myself would have found all the car related events and happenings,but its a family vacation.I had also thought about New Orleans as a starting point.Its in the middle,so we could drive rental car from there.West maybe.Us is big.We cant see eveything now,so we have to get a nice time now. 3 weeks.

New Orleans is a great place to start I just spent my Christmas / New Years holiday there. My wife grew up there, her family is there, and it's a great place - even better if you get a local to show you around (there are better music venues, restaurants, etc. outside of the typical tourist routes).

RCR on here lives there too. The weather is nice.

But, it's a LONG drive west - 20+ hours - to get out to L.A.
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

What time of the year do you plan on being here?
                        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                          Clearly, you'll need to get to Maxton, North Carolina on a race weekend. Check <ecta-lsr.com> Not sure about your little girl, but I'l wager the rest of the family will have a great time and you'll meet a BUNCH of Junkyarders. Meet me in Wilmington, NC before and I'll show you around and get you to Maxton (100 miles from Wilmington). Wilmington has one of the prettiest swimming/surfing beaches on the East coast of the US, so the family can enjoy that, too.

Dan
                          Maxton.Damn,that would have been cool.Appreciate it Dan.Will think loud about that.Would have been superubercoolnice to met you and a lot of the other junkyarders ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z

Agreed, also a time frame would be helpful. Natural attractions or theme park kind of stuff?
                            Thw kids need to have free from school,so i guess week 28-31 will be around right.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam

New Orleans is a great place to start I just spent my Christmas / New Years holiday there. My wife grew up there, her family is there, and it's a great place - even better if you get a local to show you around (there are better music venues, restaurants, etc. outside of the typical tourist routes).

RCR on here lives there too. The weather is nice.

But, it's a LONG drive west - 20+ hours - to get out to L.A.
                              2 days then if we stop and look at things(Old cars hehe..).

Comment

Working...
                              X