Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandrel Bend sources

Howdy,

I'm excited to actually be getting to building my down pipe and initial stretch of exhaust so I need mandrel bends. Need 3in stuff for the exhaust and a good slip over 3in to 2.5in reducer cone.

Thanks,
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Re: Mandrel Bend sources

Jegs, Summit, etc. The good muffler shops should have some, but Jegs will get you set up cheap. Look at some of the kits as well as the separates. Sometimes they have kits that are for tailpipes, or something that give you more pipe for your money. You can find what you need there. If you are wanting stainless, they should have that too. If not, do a google search for mandrel bent tubing and you'll find more sources than you know what to do with. One of them has to be close to your area.

Have fun. Buy more than you need.
    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

I bought a complete 3" mandrel exhaust system from Torque Tech Exhaust for my Chevelle (from header to below the rear bumper). It fit perfectly.

Torque Tech Performance Exhaust Systems & Mufflers
      Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Wolf Aircraft. Not the cheapest place, but first quality components and they always have everything in stock.

We fabricate tubes and create different assemblies in any alloy including aluminum, stainless tubing, titanium, and carbon steel for nearly any application.

Comment

I've used Wolf before. Good stuff, and lots of it.
          "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

For steel mandrel bends, Jegs or the header companies seem to be the best deal. For SS (like I said on another thread) Felker Bros. or McMaster.

Dan

Comment

Right now I don't want to make the investment in stainless so I'm going to be sticking to mild steel and decide if I want to go with thermal barrier coating or stainless for the "finalized" versions. That Woolf stuff looks pretty reasonable but I've not checked JEGS or Summit and I don't trust any of the local shops around here enough to price it out with them yet. I'm going to need 360+ deg of bends for the 2 plane downpipe I've prototyped out of PVC plus another 180 or so and the adapter cone for the connection to the 2.5in TA exhaust system for the initial single rear muffler. I'm going to go with full 3in system when I get the turbo in there. For clarification I have a blank turbo exhuast housing on the end of the turbo headers so I only have to design 1 exhaust system not 2. Would it be a better idea to buy 180 section and cut them up or buy smaller 90 degree sections and cut them up? The design I have uses a 120 off of the turbo, a 45 off the end of that, then a straight leg to a 90 then it gets into the connection to the rest of the exhaust system.

Thanks for the sources guys,
              Central TEXAS Sleeper
              USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

We are sorry, but this page cannot be found. If you have any questions or can't find what you are looking for, please contact us .

Comment

Working...
                X