No announcement yet.

Barrett-Jackson......anybody watchin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barrett-Jackson......anybody watchin?

If I don't get stuck working I will probably make time to watch. I enjoy watching the spectacle on TV, but I have always recognized that the cars and people at BJ are way out of my league. Personally, I thank my lucky starts that I took the plunge and grabbed my dream muscle car back in 1989 (after searching for 13 years!). Back then it was just expensive, not ridiculous like today. My college buddies all laughed at me at the time, but their Audis, BMWs, and Benzs are now all in the junkyard while my car is worth 4 or 5 times what I paid for it. I bought it because it was a childhood dream, not an investment, but I couldn't even consider it today. :o

My 2 cents is that muscle car prices have probably not peaked in the long term, but they may be down from the last couple of years and I say that because my personal opinion is that prices tend to track real estate. Now that the killer muscle cars are all up over $50,000 (and many way above that!) most folks can't save up enough to buy the car they have always dreamed about. Some use an inheritance, some cash out IRAs or investment funds, but I think most use home equity loans. With real estate values down in most parts of the country I think this will put a damper on the flow of money available to buy cars at BJ.

Again, just my opinion, but I expect to see prices to be flat or down a little from 2006 and 2007.

Comment

Working...
    X