Barrett-Jackson......anybody watchin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrett-Jackson......anybody watchin?

Well it's about that time of year again........Barrett-Jackson.
    What's the take here on the forum of the show....reality tv gone wild?
    Long term will the auction last?

I usually end up watching for two reasons.....see the cars and the enterainment value (usually there's the someone who's upfront through out the show buying the hell out of cars with his gin & tonic in hand)

I'll be curious how prices hold up this year.........seems there was a lot of chatter (controversy) after last years event.

Thoughts........

Re: Barrett-Jackson......anybody watchin?

I will be tuned in.

Comment

This thread is sure to get DF fired up. Imagine paying that much for a car ... :o

Comment

Whaddaya think...prices up...or prices down?

Both in terms of total gross at end of the event,
        and also in terms of new records for individual cars
        as compared to last year, how do you think it's
        gonna wind up this year?

??? ??? ???

Comment

you didn't find the old threads on the subject? there were a couple....

I have a good excuse not to watch--we don't get that channel.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by Two Lane Blacktop
            Whaddaya think...prices up...or prices down?

Both in terms of total gross at end of the event,
            and also in terms of new records for individual cars
            as compared to last year, how do you think it's
            gonna wind up this year?

??? ??? ???
            To me the show is a novelty.........being a car nut I enjoy watching all the nice rides.

Just my opinion.....would like to hear from guys who have attended in the past......it seems that it's a format, for someone who has some bucks, to have his fifteen minutes on tv.

Comment

maybe 5 or 10 minutes here and there. it's not something i'm really hooked on.
              Originally posted by TC
              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Keeps them guys away from our GOLD.........

Comment

NO its seem all Barrett Jackson does is inflate prices

Comment

I'll stop for a car or two when I'm surfing the channel's. Hopefully they'll only have Magneto doing the commenting. I can't stand the other two, I'm no expert but sometimes you can tell they have no idea about cars. Then I'll start laughing my ass off as Magnetos rattling off stats about the production of some oddball car.

Unfortunately I think that 90% of the people there have no idea other then "it's a purdy car". And the true gearheads there trying to make a score don't get the airtime.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Monk

I usually end up watching for two reasons.....see the cars and the enterainment value (usually there's the someone who's upfront through out the show buying the hell out of cars with his gin & tonic in hand)
                      The only time I really enjoy watching this stuff is if I have the gin and tonic in hand! ;D

After that I don't worry about the stupidity (IMHO) of the money those other guys pay.

Comment

You guys can call me a sourpuss... but I'd like nothing better than for Speed to quit airing that junk. All the televised BJ auction does is inflate the price of the cars I'd always wanted to own. And of course, the price escalation just puts the desirable cars more out of reach than ever before. The main problem is that now EVERYBODY thinks that if they have a '70 anything muscle car it's worth it's weight in gold even if it's all rust right now.

So about now that '71 Hemi 'Cuda I didn't buy for $1,500 25 years ago is haunting me.
                        It had an engine fire, but I coulda got that fixed by now.
                        Just another coulda, woulda, shoulda - hindsight is 20/20 kinda deal.

Comment

The prices these guys pay for a car that you could build yourself and
                          enjoy and have money enough left over to build 4 more just like it amazes me. More money than brains.

Anyone want to buy an old 67 Nova that I am listing for a friend. Vehicle needs new Rear Quarter Panels, Engine, Transmission, Tires, and Interior, Missing Some Chrome (Rust Strips), No Carpet. $80,000. you can make arrangements and I will Deliver it for $2.50 per mile up to 500 miles. Payment in full is required within 48 hours after sale. All sales are final, and this vehicle is sold as is, this vehicle should be transfered by trailer only and not operated on the road. Vehicle is listed locally and Can be removed from this listing for private sale. Good luck, and bid often.

this is starting to sound like Ebay!

Comment

Originally posted by Fordplay0621
                            The prices these guys pay for a car that you could build yourself and
                            enjoy and have money enough left over to build 4 more just like it amazes me. More money than brains.

Anyone want to buy an old 67 Nova that I am listing for a friend. Vehicle needs new Rear Quarter Panels, Engine, Transmission, Tires, and Interior, Missing Some Chrome (Rust Strips), No Carpet. $80,000. you can make arrangements and I will Deliver it for $2.50 per mile up to 500 miles. Payment in full is required within 48 hours after sale. All sales are final, and this vehicle is sold as is, this vehicle should be transfered by trailer only and not operated on the road. Vehicle is listed locally and Can be removed from this listing for private sale. Good luck, and bid often.

this is starting to sound like Ebay!
                            Funny...........

BJ is sort of the equivalent of you going to a classic car place to purchase a vehicle and your buddies all show up with six packs and lawn chairs.........then they sit around, drink beer and egg you on to pay more for the car you want.

Comment

I just moved back to Greenville, Sc. and the 70 Charger that was sitting here for $1500 is still sitting here for $8000. I almost ---- myself laughing.

Looks like I'll never get that 67 Nova back I had in 85. Been looking for a decent one for years. Anything nice enough to buy is outta the Question if you know what I mean.

Comment

Working...
                              X