Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whoz got love for '68 to '72 Chevy trucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whoz got love for '68 to '72 Chevy trucks?

never owned an older one, but love em! had a couple of 80's models, love the removable tops!

Comment

affordillac, that truck is 100% badass! the rest of them in this thread area clean too. I'd totally like to have something similar - color and all...
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I guess mine is the beater here, oh wait now it's PATINA. ;D

She's all original, except for the rag oil cap (that's custom) and the floor shifter.
        I drive it a couple times a year, she's currently sleeping in the barn.
        I can't decide what to do with it, cause i like that it survived to this point as a truck not a classic.
        Most around here are lowered, rodded a little, or fully restored. Heck half the reason the guy sold
        it so cheap is because i wanted a " Truck" not a restoration project. I'm sure he would've sold it for way more to someone else.
        Maybe someday i'll throw the money at her that she deserves.

Thanks Jon, wherever you are.
        Chris

Comment

Mine started out as just a truck too. LOL

I was looking for a truck to haul stuff when needed, and a 69-70 was my first choice. I lucked out and found the right one almost immediately.
          I ended up finding a reason to put a cam/intake/carb on it and it just took off from there. I would like to do a 6 lug disc brake swap, add a 700r trans, change the gears out for something other than the 4.10's and maybe new paint some day. Maybe go back to a stock bench seat, and get rid of the late model Silverado bucket/console setup.

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK
            Mine started out as just a truck too. LOL
            Is that a warning to not start tuning. I've got a little under double in it than what i payed,
            without getting into it. Lets just say she had been sitting for a while when i found her.
            I'm just happy to have it reliable now.
            chris

Comment

Gotcha covered on the rough truck thing....

'67 C-30 1-ton. Rough but runs & drives, complete & unmolested, clean title. All manuals & even the protecto-plate are in prime shape. Below scrap price. ;D

1/2 ton frame from texas. Seems to be missing something to me..... like rust holes & scale! Couple of good beds...

Time for a little slicing-n-dicing, well actually this summer will be, somewhat warmer then. :'(

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Even rough shape their good looking trucks...jus great lines.

Comment

Originally posted by k5hart
                  I have one and love it! It's getting a new heart at the moment. Had three of different styles over the years.

NICE!

Comment

Thanks Affordillac. Your's is awsome too. I like the amount of drop, how much is it? Mine needs a bit of work but it's all original, paint and all, minus the dropped springs so I can't complain. The patina is actually kind of cool. Just pulled the original 350 for this.

Comment

Anyone know how the 3/4-ton front differs from the 1/2-ton (for drop purposes)?

Comment

I thought they used leafs did't they in coorlation with the truck arms.
                        CM :-\

Comment

From messing with this 1-ton, I believe the only difference up front was from the spindles out. And heavier springs of course.

Swing-arm trucks had coils, and leaf-spring trucks had leafs. None came from the factory with both, though I'm sure SOMEONE out there managed to pair the 2 somehow....

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Ya know, I came into this thread thinking I'd see a bunch of gorgeous pickups. Then I come in here and get teased by all these AWESOME Blazers. Man you guys make me jealous gorgeous trucks.
                            Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

3/4 tons had leaf spring rears, and I think they all had 8 lug wheels too, right?

I remember looking at a 3/4 or 1 ton in a yard that had disc brakes and it was 8 lug.

Comment

Good looking trucks for sure. My big bro has a 68 GMC Stepside shortbox that has had the Chev grille and single lights swapped in. Looks sweet in bright red with a set of full chrome Rallyes from Wheel Vintiques, and dropped a few inches. No pics, I'll have to get him to send me some.

cheers
                                Ed N.
                                Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                                07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                                88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Working...
                                X