Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whoz got love for '68 to '72 Chevy trucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whoz got love for '68 to '72 Chevy trucks?

Originally posted by Freiburger
    Anyone know how the 3/4-ton front differs from the 1/2-ton (for drop purposes)?

Not for sure of all options, but I know CCP (classicperform.com) sells drop spindle to eliminate 3/4 ton 8 lug to 1/2 ton. Uses rotors from '71 to '87.
    I'm sure there must be a few more options.

And I thought the GMC had leafs and the Chevy had arms?

Comment

Originally posted by k5hart
      Thanks Affordillac. Your's is awsome too. I like the amount of drop, how much is it? Mine needs a bit of work but it's all original, paint and all, minus the dropped springs so I can't complain. The patina is actually kind of cool. Just pulled the original 350 for this.

....dont know how much drop really. I know for sure you out gun though!

Comment

I had a 1967 C-20 in high school. Had a 275 horse 327 from a 66 impala, and the truck 4 speed. I loved that truck, flex pipe duals and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by AFFORDILLAC
          Originally posted by k5hart
          Thanks Affordillac. Your's is awsome too. I like the amount of drop, how much is it? Mine needs a bit of work but it's all original, paint and all, minus the dropped springs so I can't complain. The patina is actually kind of cool. Just pulled the original 350 for this.

....dont know how much drop really. I know for sure you out gun though!
          We will see if it runs tomorrow! First start should be in the morning.

Frieiburger - I think the C20's had different spindles, 8-lug rotors, and heavier springs. Beyond that I'm not sure. ECE has a conversion kit for C20 to C10 for the front. They even have a tech article on converting a 'burb. Check them out here - http://www.earlyclassic.com/home.aspx

Not to promote other forums but this one is great for these trucks - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/. It has an amazing wealth of info.

Comment

Originally posted by AFFORDILLAC
            Originally posted by Freiburger
            Anyone know how the 3/4-ton front differs from the 1/2-ton (for drop purposes)?

Not for sure of all options, but I know CCP (classicperform.com) sells drop spindle to eliminate 3/4 ton 8 lug to 1/2 ton. Uses rotors from '71 to '87.
            I'm sure there must be a few more options.

And I thought the GMC had leafs and the Chevy had arms?
            GMC had standard leafs and optional arms, Chevy had standard arms and optional leafs from what I've read on the trucks. All the 4x4's had leafs.
            Central TEXAS Sleeper
            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

It's my current car Jones. That is, if I could go get another project today, it would be one of these. I've been shopping the local ads.

This one isn't local, but its currently got my attention. For some reason I think the long bed stepside looks cool on this generation. It breaks up the looooongbed fleetside but doesn't look all squished together like the shorty stepside.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...fCarsQ5fTrucks

There is a fresh 292 for sale cheap that I would drop in this guy in a heartbeat. And the paint is perfect!
              1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Here is my daily driven "urban farm" '67 GMC

Has some major rust issues, but I love the thing! Owned it for 24 years.

Comment

Originally posted by L98camino
                  Here is my daily driven "urban farm" '67 GMC
                  Man I kind of want a daily beater! Very cool.

Comment

I'd drive that Jimmy any day. Nice.
                    Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Thought I'd dig up this old thread again! This is my 1969 Suburban, with 350, TH400, 12 bolt posi, 2001 Durango leather buckets and bench, mild build on the 350, with Edelbrock Performer and Holley carb, headers, and full duals. Switched to power disc brakes and 5x5 wheels, with HD swaybars front and rear.
                      Use it as my tow vehicle for the gasser, and daily driver the rest the time.

Last edited by 1946Austin; December 11, 2012, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 67pete300 View Post
                        It's my current car Jones. That is, if I could go get another project today, it would be one of these. I've been shopping the local ads.

This one isn't local, but its currently got my attention. For some reason I think the long bed stepside looks cool on this generation. It breaks up the looooongbed fleetside but doesn't look all squished together like the shorty stepside.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...fCarsQ5fTrucks

There is a fresh 292 for sale cheap that I would drop in this guy in a heartbeat. And the paint is perfect!
                        Four years ago I was jonesing for a Chevy truck. I finally got one a few months ago. A bit newer than this generation ('88), but still works!
                        1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Those are nice - 3 door Burb.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                          X