Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went Shopping Today.. Damn You Americans!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went Shopping Today.. Damn You Americans!!

Narelle and I went to a store today that we didn't know existed until very recently, stocking only products from the USA.. (We found out about it when ate last week.. here.. http://www.mistysdiner.com.au/index.asp)

http://www.usafoods.com.au/

I used to drink DrPepper a lot (I love it), but then an Australian company started to produce it and changed the recipe (swapping corn syrup for cane sugar) and it no longer tasted as good and they eventually took it off the market. Their stuff gave me indigestion anyway. :-\ I haven't had the REAL DrPepper in ages so here's 2 dozen, a dozen Cherry Cokes and I got a dozen Hawaiian Punches (at the diner) as well. Thank you Roland Leong!! :

The first time I saw a MoonPie was in the movie Green Mile (remember? :o) So we have to try these.. I had tried Butterfingers years ago, and I remember they made my teeth hurt, which I know is a pretty good indication that they tasted damn good! ;)

I mean seriously, why the Hell wouldn't we buy this stuff from Reese?? ;D

Narelle picked out these. New to us and the flavors look very tempting.. and spicey.

I remember seeing Goober, about 15 years ago in a grocery store that carried some international stuff, but I never bought any. Today, I saw grape flavor.. In the basket! ;D
    ..and Fluff.. What the Hell is this? Marshmallow spread?? You guys have got to be kidding. YUM! :P

We have the Original flavor Tabasco and the Green Jalapeno flavor here. Never seen Smoked Red Jalapeno though.. Yes please!! :D

Narelle's going to make tacos with this Sloppy Joe's. Here's hoping it tastes better than a Manwich. (whatever the hell that is)

Nothing special here.. Just plain old corn syrup.. But you try finding it on supermarket shelves down here.. Not a chance. I had recipes in the past that have called for this, but have been unable to make them because of this elusive ingredient..

So.. How much does this stuff cost when it's 4000 miles away and in a country who's dollar is only buying about US$0.66?

:o

...and...

Went to the bottle shop for a case of Weihenstephaner's Korbinian and they had the gift packs with a small selection and nice glasses.. So, of course.. We had to after all that shopping.. ;D

Left to right.. (darkest to lightest) Korbinian (dopplebock/stout), Tradition (dunkel/dark), Hefeweissbier Dunkel (dark wheat beer), Hefeweissbier, Kristal Weissbier (clear/filtered) and Pilsner. ;D (I reckon you're looking at the best beer in the world.)

Now we're broke (but not hungry or thirsty!. ;) )

Re: Went Shopping Today.. Damn You Americans!!

Wow, never seen that Reeses syrup before here in the U.S. need to look for it.

Comment

Steve, looks like you had fun shopping American. We thank you for your support. Enjoy your purchase.
      Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

wow-you oughta have type 2 diabetes and clogged arteries in about a week with that haul-just like here in the good ol usa!
        67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
        05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutSteve
          Here's hoping it tastes better than a Manwich. (whatever the hell that is)
          LOL! It never occurred to me that a Sloppy Joe or a Manwich could be a novelty item. I hope you bought some Tums or Rolaids to go with that!

Comment

Hey Steve, there is a reason we Americans are over weight and lazy. And you just bought all the ingredients.
            Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Originally posted by Weldangrind
              Here's hoping it tastes better than a Manwich. (whatever the hell that is)
              LOL! It never occurred to me that a Sloppy Joe or a Manwich could be a novelty item. I hope you bought some Tums or Rolaids to go with that!
              I had to look those up.. http://www.rolaids.com/
              Yeah.. ;)
              Do you sell packets of liposuction as well? I reckon I might be needing some of that too.. :P :D

Comment

Originally posted by RyanWalker
                Wow, never seen that Reeses syrup before here in the U.S. need to look for it.
                I'm eating this right now on some vanilla ice cream, and let me tell you Ryan.. It's awesome! Go out and get some. ;D

Had tacos for dinner, and that Sloppy Joe's stuff is pretty good too.
                I also put on some of the Tabasco and that sure is a nice smoky flavor. Not super hot, but just the right amount of kick without going into a sweat.
                Very tasty.

I can't wait to try Fluff! There is a milkshake recipe on the jar that I might have a go at tomorrow. :P

Comment

Hey you got all the health food! ;D
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

HAHA! We've got you hooked now! :D Anything that says Reece's on is crack-o-licious. I'm hooked on the ice cream with broken up peanut butter cups and swirls of chocolate and peanut butter.

I believe the Moon Pies must be served with an R/C cola to be fully savored-preferably purchased at the Piggly Wiggly.

I saw a thing that looked like a home liposuction kit but it was being marketed as a marital aid? ???

Comment

Kris, I agree with you on the moon pies. Since Steve has Dr. Pepper, we can let him slide with it as a substitute for the R/C.
                      Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Uh...........where's the Spam
                        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
                          Uh...........where's the Spam
                          Roger that.. We're out of ham, but have the turkey! ;)

Got a can of Stagg in there too!

Comment

I can't wait to try Fluff!
                            The true way to enjoy Fluff is on a "fluffer-nutter" sandwich. Fluff and peanut butter. Generations of American kids have been scarfing them down at lunch.

I just gained weight looking at your photos.

Brian
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                              I can't wait to try Fluff!
                              The true way to enjoy Fluff is on a "fluffer-nutter" sandwich. Fluff and peanut butter. Generations of American kids have been scarfing them down at lunch.

I just gained weight looking at your photos.

Brian
                              x2

You must try the fluffer-nutter.

Did they have this flavor of Tabasco?

In case that's a red x, it's habanero tabasco, and it carries more heat than the others. Not as much as those stoopid novelty hot sauces that will light you up with one drop, but it's respectable.

Comment

Working...
                              X