Anyone that recognice this truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone that recognice this truck

Russian military truck.It got nothing to do with the International,but shows that they had this "work like " style.

Comment

Second picture down in the middle: http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/mark_redman3.htm

Looks the same to me, except breathers, stacks and some small stuff. Not sure about the hood emblem though.

Comment

I did try to find other pics of this truck,but no luck.So glad you found it ;).I did however find alot of other stuff..

I have to find out what happened to this truck in Norway.Wouldnt be surprised if it is still around.

Comment

I'm thinking it's geared pretty low.

Comment

I'm wrong about Hendrickson, it's for sure an IH. Looking at the pic Sean found, the hood vents and the headlight guards identify it. I'm embarassed, I'm a member at Hanks Truck Pictures.

Comment

Nah.You did fine ;).Those trucks are very alike,and the pic form the fifties doesnt show all details.And Internationals have been very popular over here in the old days,so a Hendrickson would have been very rare.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                I'm thinking it's a Brockway.

Brian

I saw the pic and thought the same thing....but if I am right brockway mounted their headlights just off the grill during that era...they moved owtward over the fenders in the 60's and 70's

Comment

Had to really look at it......yup, definitely an IH(aka 'Binder, 13-letter shit-spreader, etc.).

I was thinking Hendrickson for a moment, bu the radiator support shell threw that out.

Anyone ever seen an old Sterling(no, not he re-badged Ford Class 8 tractors, either)?

Comment

Originally posted by seanm
                    Second picture down in the middle: http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/mark_redman3.htm

Looks the same to me, except breathers, stacks and some small stuff. Not sure about the hood emblem though.
                    I was thinking "I H" from the beginning - - - I think you've nailed it !

Comment

Sorry Brian
                      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

;D

HA!

Jim = smarty pants. ;)

Brian
                        That which you manifest is before you.