At 155 mph water is hard. period.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At 155 mph water is hard. period.

A drag boat racer survives a series of crashes which would have killed most men....

jerry is either nuts or has balls of hardened steel. watch the entire vid to see how many times he wrecks and lives to race another day.

Re: At 155 mph water is hard. period.

I understand the need for speed, but I would rather do it being propelled by wheels and solid ground than water.
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I've hit the water at 60 while water skiing before, you skip along for awhile until a leg or arm catches and then the tumbling starts. Don't even want to think about 155.
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

My buddy wadded up his CP jet at the river last year, was just over 100 when he hit a small wake that disenegrated the boat, he got pretty jacked up, but he beat the V drive he was racing! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z
          I've hit the water at 60 while water skiing before, you skip along for awhile until a leg or arm catches and then the tumbling starts. Don't even want to think about 155.
          Yeah I hear that , I've hit the water at 40-50 while being whipped (slung in a tight turn,seemed alot faster my eye were watering) feels slightly better than dirt but with no scraps.

Comment

4f fast food for fish

Comment

Damn that video gave me chills, nothing more than a man pursuing his dream of speed.

Comment

hittin anything more than air at 155 is hard ;D

Comment

My engine builder used to race hydroplanes in the 275ci class when they had it. 273 mopars, 260 fords, and 265 chevies. He ran a chevy, and was running about 130mph.

I have seen the boat. Damn thing is all plywood!

Comment

I DON't understand the need for speed. I HAVE it, but I don't UNDERSTAND it. Maybe it's God's way of telling us we have more money than we need (in my case, slightly). Or more guts than we need. Rock on, Jerry. As Neil Young said "it's better to burn out".

Dan

Comment

With all that water aleast he's not going to get burnt! Great drowning the second least favorite way to go!

Comment

Originally posted by bb70duster
                        My buddy wadded up his CP jet at the river last year, was just over 100 when he hit a small wake that disenegrated the boat, he got pretty jacked up, but he beat the V drive he was racing! ;D
                        i think i know your buddy. what color was the boat and did it happen in needles, ca?

Comment

Working...
                        X