Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterjet services

Howdy,

well I'm now 90% sure I'm going to be using some calipers that are designed for a 28mm rotor and rotors that are 32mm thick. Since the calipers are 2 piece 4 piston units I got the suggestion of cracking them open and putting a 4mm spacer in the middle. Here's the plan, create a wooden template out of 3/16in wood (4.76mm) and give it to a waterjet machinist to cut, then take it to a machinist (if I can't find my own benchtop mill) and have them shave it down so the sides are parallel and cut the O-ring grooves.
    Can they take a 2D physical pattern and load the shape into the waterjet machine simply or would it require someone to program it in CAD or Solid Works which could get quite complex since it's not a simple shape? I'm really trying to keep the expense of this down since I am on a budget and wheels and tires are going to be around $2000 to clear all of this.

Thanks,
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Re: Waterjet services

I have a friend in Taylor MI who is a header maker par excellence. His waterjet guy cuts his flanges and they just draw it up in 2D on the computer and feed it into the waterjet 'puter. I suppose it depends on the hardware & software the waterjet has.

Dan

Comment

Re: Waterjet services

Split the caliper, set it on your scanner bed and scan it. Now you have a digital image that's to scale.

Comment

Working...
      X