• Show
Clear All

• Midwest Nostalgia Pro Stock Series

Sounds good.

http://www.dragracingonline.com/agen...0-xi_1-13.html

Re: Midwest Nostalgia Pro Stock Series

In my neck of the woods..........I'd go
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

kool

Comment

Now that's what I'm talking about! Run what ya brung and hope it's better then everybody else.
        LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER !!!!!!

Comment

Tell ya what....they show up here in Indy, I'd damn sure consider going.

Comment

Looks cool, but with those wide open rules the thing is going to get out of hand quick.

Get a look at it now before it spirals into weirdness.

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
              Looks cool, but with those wide open rules the thing is going to get out of hand quick.

Get a look at it now before it spirals into weirdness.

Brian
              Agreed.
              The rules don't limit fiberglass body panels or wings.
              No CI limit is also going to have an effect... though they are limiting it to cast tunnel rams only. They should amend that to say "with no spacers" so guys are limited to deck height. Should probably have a CI limit though.

Other than that, I think the class has some potential.

I like the rules the East Coast Gassers and Geezer Gassers have: among them, period-correct wheels only, no mufflers, no modern paint schemes. No rev limiters off the line, no nitrous, no electronics, no Lencos, no 4-links... they've tried to keep it like you were watching cars as they'd have run in the gas class. Similar guidelines would keep the ProStock cars true to the era, but then it's questionable how many guys would build cars to run I guess.

I found it interesting that they limited it to '70-'74. I know that's the transition from Super Stock to Pro Stock, but that outlaws '69 Camaros, Darts and Barracudas. Possibly in an attempt to keep costs down?

-Brad

Comment

AHRA had what was essentially Pro Stock in '69 before NHRA picked it up. And Pro Stock was ruined before '74, IMO. I'd say '69-'72.

Comment

Man... I wish I had not sold my Demon. This could be COOL!
                  It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Well, I'm getting a chubby. Pro Stock was way better before Lencos and tube frames. 9Just look at the vintage vids on Youtube sometime. I'm sure they are trying to not make a phone book of rules, but perhaps a "Spirit of the Class" clause would work. Plus, I can't imagine theres going to be a ton of money to be made, why waste $100,000 on a class thats supposed to be fun?
                    Cordova is less than 2 hours from me. If Scott Gardner is involved, this will work. He and his wife Laurie are a class act, they run their tracks for the racers.

Comment

Originally posted by oldrustycars
                      Plus, I can't imagine theres going to be a ton of money to be made, why waste $100,000 on a class thats supposed to be fun?
                      See what's happened to ever form of sportsman drag racing ever created. ;)

Brian
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                      X