Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHRA reacts to the economy:

NHRA ANNOUNCES FAN RELIEF PROGRAM FOR 2009

POMONA, Calif. (Jan. 15, 2009) ? Recognizing the tough times currently faced by our fans across the country, and their desire to continue to enjoy the thrill and excitement of attending NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series events, NHRA has announced several fan relief programs for the 2009 season including reduced priced general admission tickets, children 12 and under free, and a military appreciation offer.

The fan relief program will be available at all NHRA company owned facilities in Pomona, Gainesville, Atlanta and Indianapolis, as well as at additional participating national event tracks. The program will begin with the Kragen O?Reilly NHRA Winternationals, with details on subsequent events to be announced after the season opener.

At the Kragen O?Reilly NHRA Winternationals at Auto Club Raceway at Pomona, Feb. 5-8, NHRA has announced $20 adult general admission tickets in a special section of the west-side spectator grandstand. The $20 ticket is available through advance purchase only, on a first-come first-serve basis, by calling (800) 884-NHRA and mentioning ?fan relief offer? when ordering to take advantage of the discount. NHRA is making available 1,500 tickets per day at the $20 price, representing a total of 6,000 tickets for the four-day event.

To help families attend NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series events, NHRA also announced that in 2009, children 12 and under will be admitted free at all NHRA owned tracks, including Pomona, Gainesville, Atlanta and Indianapolis, as well as other participating national event tracks, when accompanied by a paid adult. The children 12 and under promotion will be available in any general admission area at all four facilities for all days of each event.

In honor of our active military personnel, NHRA also announced a 2009 military appreciation offer. NHRA will offer one (1) free Friday Reserved ticket to any active military personnel with proof of status. The military offer is only available at the box office on-site at NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series events at participating national event tracks, including all NHRA owned facilities in Pomona, Gainesville, Atlanta and Indianapolis.

?We want to let our fans know that we understand these are difficult times and we value their loyalty to the sport,? said Tom Compton, president, NHRA. ?NHRA wants to do what it can to ensure that our fans continue to enjoy the 300 mile per hour excitement, our famous open professional pit areas, Nitro Alley, and all the memorable experiences that only our sport can deliver.?

NHRA also announced it will pass out $10-off merchandise discount coupons at the Kragen O?Reilly NHRA Winternationals. NHRA will distribute coupons on Saturday and Sunday to the first 1,000 paying adults per day at the main entrance gate. The coupons will only be valid on the same day they were issued. The coupon requires a minimum purchase of $25, on NHRA and event-branded merchandise only, and is redeemable at the Nitro Mall store.

Details and specifics about the fan relief program at the ACDelco NHRA Gatornationals (March 12-15) at Gainesville (Fla.) Raceway, the NHRA Summit Racing Equipment Southern Nationals (April 16-19) at Atlanta Dragway, the Mac Tools U.S. Nationals at O?Reilly Raceway Park at Indianapolis (Sept. 2-7) and the Auto Club NHRA Finals at Auto Club Raceway at Pomona (Nov. 12-15), as well as other participating national event tracks, will be announced after the conclusion of the season opener.

Tickets are available for the Kragen O?Reilly NHRA Winternationals by calling (800) 884-4762, or online at nhra.com or ticketmaster.com.

Headquartered in Glendora, Calif., NHRA is the primary sanctioning body for the sport of drag racing in the United States. It presents 24 national events through its NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series. NHRA has 80,000 members and 140 member tracks. The NHRA-sanctioned sportsman and bracket racing series provide competition opportunities for drivers of all levels. The NHRA develops the stars of tomorrow by offering the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series, NHRA Summit Racing Series and the NHRA Drags: Street Legal Style presented by AAA. NHRA also offers the Jr. Drag Racing League for youth ages 8 to 17.

Re: NHRA reacts to the economy:

Originally posted by MOPARS RULE
    NHRA ANNOUNCES FAN RELIEF PROGRAM FOR 2009

POMONA, Calif. (Jan. 15, 2009) ? Recognizing the tough times currently faced by our fans across the country, and their desire to continue to enjoy the thrill and excitement of attending NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series events, NHRA has announced several fan relief programs for the 2009 season including reduced priced general admission tickets, children 12 and under free, and a military appreciation offer.

The fan relief program will be available at all NHRA company owned facilities in Pomona, Gainesville, Atlanta and Indianapolis, as well as at additional participating national event tracks. The program will begin with the Kragen O?Reilly NHRA Winternationals, with details on subsequent events to be announced after the season opener.

At the Kragen O?Reilly NHRA Winternationals at Auto Club Raceway at Pomona, Feb. 5-8, NHRA has announced $20 adult general admission tickets in a special section of the west-side spectator grandstand. The $20 ticket is available through advance purchase only, on a first-come first-serve basis, by calling (800) 884-NHRA and mentioning ?fan relief offer? when ordering to take advantage of the discount. NHRA is making available 1,500 tickets per day at the $20 price, representing a total of 6,000 tickets for the four-day event.

To help families attend NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series events, NHRA also announced that in 2009, children 12 and under will be admitted free at all NHRA owned tracks, including Pomona, Gainesville, Atlanta and Indianapolis, as well as other participating national event tracks, when accompanied by a paid adult. The children 12 and under promotion will be available in any general admission area at all four facilities for all days of each event.

In honor of our active military personnel, NHRA also announced a 2009 military appreciation offer. NHRA will offer one (1) free Friday Reserved ticket to any active military personnel with proof of status. The military offer is only available at the box office on-site at NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series events at participating national event tracks, including all NHRA owned facilities in Pomona, Gainesville, Atlanta and Indianapolis.

?We want to let our fans know that we understand these are difficult times and we value their loyalty to the sport,? said Tom Compton, president, NHRA. ?NHRA wants to do what it can to ensure that our fans continue to enjoy the 300 mile per hour excitement, our famous open professional pit areas, Nitro Alley, and all the memorable experiences that only our sport can deliver.?

NHRA also announced it will pass out $10-off merchandise discount coupons at the Kragen O?Reilly NHRA Winternationals. NHRA will distribute coupons on Saturday and Sunday to the first 1,000 paying adults per day at the main entrance gate. The coupons will only be valid on the same day they were issued. The coupon requires a minimum purchase of $25, on NHRA and event-branded merchandise only, and is redeemable at the Nitro Mall store.

Details and specifics about the fan relief program at the ACDelco NHRA Gatornationals (March 12-15) at Gainesville (Fla.) Raceway, the NHRA Summit Racing Equipment Southern Nationals (April 16-19) at Atlanta Dragway, the Mac Tools U.S. Nationals at O?Reilly Raceway Park at Indianapolis (Sept. 2-7) and the Auto Club NHRA Finals at Auto Club Raceway at Pomona (Nov. 12-15), as well as other participating national event tracks, will be announced after the conclusion of the season opener.

Tickets are available for the Kragen O?Reilly NHRA Winternationals by calling (800) 884-4762, or online at nhra.com or ticketmaster.com.

Headquartered in Glendora, Calif., NHRA is the primary sanctioning body for the sport of drag racing in the United States. It presents 24 national events through its NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series. NHRA has 80,000 members and 140 member tracks. The NHRA-sanctioned sportsman and bracket racing series provide competition opportunities for drivers of all levels. The NHRA develops the stars of tomorrow by offering the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series, NHRA Summit Racing Series and the NHRA Drags: Street Legal Style presented by AAA. NHRA also offers the Jr. Drag Racing League for youth ages 8 to 17.
    {{At the Kragen O?Reilly NHRA Winternationals at Auto Club Raceway at Pomona, Feb. 5-8, NHRA has announced $20 adult general admission tickets in a special section of the west-side spectator grandstand. The $20 ticket is available through advance purchase only, on a first-come first-serve basis, by calling (800) 884-NHRA and mentioning ?fan relief offer? when ordering to take advantage of the discount. NHRA is making available 1,500 tickets per day at the $20 price, representing a total of 6,000 tickets for the four-day event.}}

I stopped reading after this paragraph. NHRA sucks. I hope they go out of business, and leave a "hole" for a better organization! Why not reduce the price a bit for EVERYBODY, instead of this 1st come bullshit?
    STUGOTS

Comment

Go cry somewhere eles

Comment

yay - a bailout for me !!!
        I was switching to street racing - as the admission was free [and the ability to run fast when johnny law shows ]
        englishtown is more comfy than route 21

Comment

You guys catch this, "Kragen/O'Reilly", I guess CSK and O'Reilly are merging, it's going to be weird not having a Checker Auto around. :'(

Comment

the economy is probably hurting the NHRA worse than it is most of us with our day jobs...

could it be that people feel *entitled* to a break from the NHRA? It's not like the cost to put on an NHRA event has gotten any lower. I can see *hoping* for a break but crucifying them because we expected it, seems weird
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I'm kinda with Scott on this, aside from the fact that they reacted way too late. As usual, NASCAR does something seemingly well thought out and looks proactive, while the NHRA runs into the room with their shoes untied, still trying to tuck in their shirt, yelling, "Wait, we came up with something too!"

See the "Countdown" for another example.

I don't get the people who are so steaming mad that they didn't drop their shorts with ticket prices. Here's my thought.

1.) If you dive bomb your ticket prices and devalue your product. It's going to take YEARS to get the price back up to the point you started.

2.) People who have lost their jobs and have no money weren't coming to the race to begin with and it is reasonable to assume that most of the people coming will be making the same level of income they were a year ago.

Groucho, are you "slashing" your prices for the work you're doing on customer cars? (I'm not trying to be an asshole and call you out, I'm just playing devil's advocate).

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                the economy is probably hurting the NHRA worse than it is most of us with our day jobs...

could it be that people feel *entitled* to a break from the NHRA? It's not like the cost to put on an NHRA event has gotten any lower. I can see *hoping* for a break but crucifying them because we expected it, seems weird
                Unless they were overcharging in the first place.

Not saying that's the case, but would "what the market will bear" not apply to price decreases as well as increases?

I know for a fact that high-end concerts could be sold at half of the current ticket price and everyone involved would still be making buckets of money. (Except for perhaps the production, which in many cases is already being squeezed....)

Comment

are things really as bad as 'they' say ?
                  I am smelling a setup

Comment

NHRA is worried about nothing except their business. They are adjusting to keep the customers coming in.

Anyone anywhere will raise their prices when they can get more money and lower them when they can't. That's how it works. Look at airlines, with all the complex games they play with pricing. In the end, they get the most money they can from the guys who have a lot, and then a little more from the rest. If they just can't make a buck no matter what, they cut services to bring their own costs down.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                      I'm kinda with Scott on this, aside from the fact that they reacted way too late. As usual, NASCAR does something seemingly well thought out and looks proactive, while the NHRA runs into the room with their shoes untied, still trying to tuck in their shirt, yelling, "Wait, we came up with something too!"

See the "Countdown" for another example.

I don't get the people who are so steaming mad that they didn't drop their shorts with ticket prices. Here's my thought.

1.) If you dive bomb your ticket prices and devalue your product. It's going to take YEARS to get the price back up to the point you started.

2.) People who have lost their jobs and have no money weren't coming to the race to begin with and it is reasonable to assume that most of the people coming will be making the same level of income they were a year ago.

Groucho, are you "slashing" your prices for the work you're doing on customer cars? (I'm not trying to be an asshole and call you out, I'm just playing devil's advocate).

Brian
                      Don't forget "follow the leader" on Pro Stock Truck. Anyway, if NHRA's gonna lower the price some 40 or so dollars for just 1500 people per day, why not discout 10 dollars for everyone instead? I think they'd make up the loss in volume. I hope the 1500 are the ONLY ones to show up! Stupid system with the 1st 1500 to pre-pay. THOSE people may not even need the discount, but are faster on the draw. My slashing prices at my shop? One, if I do, it'd sure have a lot less impact than NHRA accomodating THOUSANDS of loyal fans in the next few months. Two, I haven't had a customer in weeks. I've been sitting on this computer with my D*ck in my hand waiting for a motor from a potential customer's car so I can build my 38 Chevy Gasser during my sebatical ;D
                      My customer's cars are all special interest, NOT daily transportation. So, regardless of my prices, they either will fix them, or not. Lowering the price won't matter to them
                      STUGOTS

Comment

those who don't remember the past are condemmed to repeat it
                        i.e . gassers !! ;D

Comment

Well,Grouch,at least you're keeping yourself occupied ;D ;D. ~OO6.

Comment

Gotcha and your points are well made.

My thought is that for most people, going to the NHRA circus is a once a year deal, so I'll be interested in how many people cut the races out of their budgets. The guys that travel to multiple events I bet will scale back.

We'll see how much empty aluminum is on tee vee and that'll be our answer.

Brian
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                              those who don't remember the past are condemmed to repeat it
                              i.e . gassers !! ;D
                              Maybe I should focus on something really special, like a Nova ;D
                              STUGOTS

Comment

Working...
                              X