Pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pants

The "David in the North" thread - and David and Chads allergy to pants reminded me -
    Didga ever notice the "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service" signs? Evidently, you're welcome without.......PANTS! I've seriously considered testing this theory, but, as previously stated, I have an allergy to the pokey. Anybody ever test this one?

Other dumb signs are welcome here........... I've heard that there is a drive-in restaurant somewhere in the Detroit area with a sign that says "Reverse Burnouts Prohibited". So forward ones must be OK. (Must have been on the East side, because if it was on the West side I would have seen it.) A restaurant here in Wilmington has a sign on the door that says "Sorry Restrooms for Customers Only". I've eaten there and used the restroom - It's not great, but I've seen sorrier ones. Are they saving the good ones for non-customers? Looking for that kind of stuff.

Dan

Re: Pants

I always remember this roadside sign from the '60s'

Eat Here Get Gas
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Once I a sign that said "SLOW CHILDREN PLAYING". I wondered about these children...then I saw a sign that said "SLOW MEN WORKING", and I knew what became of them.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

These always crack me up. They're just south of San Clemente Ca. and warn drivers on I-5 of illegal aliens crossing the freeway in an attempt to avoid the INS.

Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I have always been a little leery of "Quaker Steak and Lube"

Just doesn't sound right.

Seth
          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I've dined at a couple (there's one not too far from Mom's house in FL) and they're actually pretty good. I was afraid that the "lube" would happen at the cash register, and it sorta does.

Keep 'em coming!!

Dan

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
            I have always been a little leery of "Quaker Steak and Lube"

Just doesn't sound right.

Seth

Comment

Thank you.

I typed "funny signs" into google image, and have enjoyed the last ten minutes!

OH, and in the spirit of the thread's original intent... Have you seen the sign that says "Shoes must be worn" ? ...as if you can't go into that establishment with new shoes.

Comment

Good point, Yellow! Mine usually are, so I guess i've been in compliance.

Dan

Comment

My favorite is in North Carolina on I 40 as you go in the Gorge it says "in case of rain burn headlights" how do you light them ? Does a burning headlight make it stop raining ? Once lit do they continue to burn ?

Comment

Every neighborhood has a sign that says "SLOW CHILDREN PLAYING." I always nudge Boy Wonder and say "they're talking about you, you know."

Those signs prove the importance of punctuation. Add a comma, and it means "Slow down, there's children playing in the neighborhood." Without the comma, it means "Watch it--retards in the front yard!"

We stopped at a junk shop, and they had a big 2-foot yellow diamond sign that said Slow Children At Play. When he wasn't looking, I couldn't whip out the $10 fast enough. Walked outside to where he was standing, with the words turned toward me and the biggest, dumbest grin on my face. He looked at me, looked down at the (back of) the sign I was holding, and just grinned because he knew what it said without even seeing the lettering.

-Brad.

Comment

Where I grew up in Papillion. There was a kid who was slow, or whatever. He spent a lot of time in his own world and didn't notice cars speeding by. His parents got the city to put up that sign. "Slow Children Playing". As a kid, I always laughed when I drove by his house.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

NC has some of the funniest language. They 'burn" the lights. To activate said lights, they "cut 'em on". Later, you "cut 'em off". As noted in a previous thread, they wear a "toboggan" on their heads (knit cap). "I carried Momma to the hospital" means that they drove their mother to the hospital (probably in the pickup), not that they put her in their arms and actually carried her. It goes on and on. Still, they are mostly really kind people and I love living here. I've started listening for these things and get a chuckle when I learn a new one.

Dan

Originally posted by driver_tag
                        My favorite is in North Carolina on I 40 as you go in the Gorge it says "in case of rain burn headlights" how do you light them ? Does a burning headlight make it stop raining ? Once lit do they continue to burn ?

Comment

Oh, I forgot (I need to get a pic of this one) - at the start of I-40 just before Gordon Rd. here in Wilmington, there's a green highway sign that reads "Barstow, California 2,651 mi. (or whatever the actual mileage is). I love that sign. I-40 starts about 3-4 miles from my house.

Dan

Comment

How about the exit off of I-94 in western MI.....

It states....

CLIMAX....1 Mile.... :o

I love it.

Seth
                            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by Brad54
                              Every neighborhood has a sign that says "SLOW CHILDREN PLAYING." I always nudge Boy Wonder and say "they're talking about you, you know."

Those signs prove the importance of punctuation. Add a comma, and it means "Slow down, there's children playing in the neighborhood." Without the comma, it means "Watch it--retards in the front yard!"

We stopped at a junk shop, and they had a big 2-foot yellow diamond sign that said Slow Children At Play. When he wasn't looking, I couldn't whip out the $10 fast enough. Walked outside to where he was standing, with the words turned toward me and the biggest, dumbest grin on my face. He looked at me, looked down at the (back of) the sign I was holding, and just grinned because he knew what it said without even seeing the lettering.

-Brad.
                              Not totally true, the kids could be" husky" as I was as kid, and not move fast.
                              Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Working...
                              X