A question for DF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for DF

Hey in some of your videos from CJTV you had your Matco toolbox in the background with a whole bunch of perfessional tools (ie mac, matco, ect.). Why did you buy all the really expensive stuff if you're main source of income isnt actually working on cars? Just curious.

Re: A question for DF

While I'm not DF, I bought the 'good' stuff because I have used both and prefer the best.

Until you have some you never know the difference.
    Once you start using SnapOn/Matco/Mac I'm pretty sure that's what you'll pickup first when you open the drawer. I know I do.
    Rich

sigpic

Comment

90% of what I have was purchased used, most of it is Craftsman

Comment

I like good tools... but any wrench that works if fine by me normally...

Think Pawn shops... seriously... you can buy good tools over time and fill out sets on the truck... just don't be impatient... your not going to walk in and walk out with a bazillion piece tool set...

K

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk

Think Pawn shops... seriously... you can buy good tools over time and fill out sets on the truck... just don't be impatient... your not going to walk in and walk out with a bazillion piece tool set...

Yup -

Most of the better quality hand tools I own came from pawn shops or auction sales.

I'm with the Texas T guy tho, I buy as good a tool as I can afford, because even though it's just a hobby, it costs more to replace cheap offshore junk several times over than it does to purchase something decent in the first place.

Comment

Back when I used to go to AutoFair (Lowe's Motor Speedway) every spring, there was a guy in the Green Field who sold used tools. They were super cheap and quality stuff. I picked up some stuff from him almost every year I went. Pawn shops, swap meets and the like are indeed a great source of good tools, that are usually very affordable.

Comment

when you need them , you can't afford broken tools
              borrowing is for chumps

Comment

Working...
              X