Stolen 69 AMX ! tons of pix.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen 69 AMX ! tons of pix.....

Here's the second report of a stolen AMX in three days. The first was out of a body shop in Canada. This one was stolen from a fellow AMC'ers driveway outside of Las Vegas, NV a few nights ago. Apparently the thieves pushed it down the street and started it up a drove it off. A car like this is not easy to hide simply because the AMC community is so small. If they part it out, it'll be an AMC enthusiast that buys the parts. If it shows up for sale somewhere, AMC'ers will be the first to look at it. This car can be found simply because these cars are so few and far between. The restoration was recently completed on this car. Unique features of the car include fuel injection, blacked out front & rear spoilers, blacked out area behind the AMX quarter rings, red carpet with a black interior. Please help us keep an eye out for this car......

Here's a link to a lot of pix of this car....
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Hoosiera...y=zMU4E4tU1gs#

Re: Stolen 69 AMX ! tons of pix.....

man, that sucks.
    i'll keep an eye out up here in indiana, i hope it turns up for ya.
    nice car.
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

that's too bad, will keep an eye out for it....
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I'll watch in my neck of the woods. I wonder if the thieves are planning on selling the thing across the border, seeing as how unique it is? I hope not, and I hope the thing gets back into the hands of its rightful owner in the same condition as it left. And I also hope the thieves suffer castration for touching it!

Comment

I have a sad suspicion it's sitting in a container at the long beach shipping port by now.

Hope it gets found!

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
            I have a sad suspicion it's sitting in a container at the long beach shipping port by now.
            Bingo!

It'll probably show up on Youtube in the "Vive La Mexico" dirt drags. I hope not, but... dang, is that a Super Victor EFI setup on there?

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
              Bingo!

It'll probably show up on Youtube in the "Vive La Mexico" dirt drags. I hope not, but... dang, is that a Super Victor EFI setup on there?

that is a pro flo old part number 3531 simce been superceeded by the pro flo 2 35310

Comment

sorry to hear that it was stolen man.

Comment

Hope it gets found!

Brian

Larry (the owner) said that his local police dept. thinks it'll end up on ebay or Craig's list. There has also been talk about it getting shipped overseas. Either way, this is not a car that hides well in the sea of all the other makes and models. Even if it does end up in a private collection, somewhere down the road someone is going to ID this car as being stolen. Larry's heart broken because he didn't even really get a chance to enjoy it.

Comment

I hate to hear that! You know that guys mad because AMC guys are hardcore!!

Comment

I hate thieves, I hope they find it and then let the guy have a few minutes with the guys that stole it, if you know what I mean. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by 71SC/360

Hope it gets found!

Brian

Larry (the owner) said that his local police dept. thinks it'll end up on ebay or Craig's list. There has also been talk about it getting shipped overseas. Either way, this is not a car that hides well in the sea of all the other makes and models. Even if it does end up in a private collection, somewhere down the road someone is going to ID this car as being stolen. Larry's heart broken because he didn't even really get a chance to enjoy it.

Are you and he familar with Craigshelper.com? Go check it out, it's how you'll find that car on ANY craigslist.

HOnestly, the thief has to be an IDIOT to try to sell it publicly. A car that nice, and rare... and the whole AMC community knowing each other like family - he's got to know it's a bad idea.

Anyways, make sure someone in your crew knows how to work craigshelper. If it's on *any* city craigslist, you'll find it that way.
                        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Hope it gets found!

Brian
                          The bad thing is that one of us has a hard time actually shipping our own car because they require so much paperwork, but the bad guys seem to be able to fake anything.
                          "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

A damn shame. Jerkoffs. ~J/W-006.

Comment

that sucks, hopefully it comes home safley, but the odds are against that. nothin lower than a theif.
                              Reading , Pa
                              Good Guys rodders rep.
                              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Working...
                              X