• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stolen 69 AMX ! tons of pix.....

sorry to hear this hope they find it!!!! >
    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

I dont like thieves.Will remember that one if i see it over here.But i guess europe is too risky.Russia would be my guess...And its too bad those thieves can ship cars,when small things can stop a legal shipment.

Comment

Eyes are peeled here in Central Indiana.....

I've had vehicles stolen before, I kow the feeling.

>

Comment

I was just coming over here to post this. I hate it when cars are stolen
          Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

I hate to hear this kind of stuff. I hope your buddy finds the car and soon. It is hard to imagine a car like that "hiding" somewhere. Like has been said numerous times, it is just too obvious because it is so unique. But then somebody may have it on his or her list and this thing was stolen under contract. Overseas would be a good bet. I would have no idea how to keep tabs on such undercover overseas sales. I hope somebody does.

Comment

If I see it here in Ely (North of Las Vegas) I'll reconize it pretty quickly.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                I have a sad suspicion it's sitting in a container at the long beach shipping port by now.

Hope it gets found!

Brian
                Agree...but will keep a lookout in this corner of the continent.
                Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Re: Stolen 69 AMX ! tons of pix..... ****Found****

Good news and bad news, they found the car in Vegas but it's been pretty much run through the mill. A bashed in PS door, missing engine and a lot of other small parts. My guess is whomever stole it will be using the engine and parts in their own project, because they left most of the rare parts on the car. If that's the case, they'll get caught because the AMC community is to small. Someone will recognize the engine and since the Edelbrock injection setups is serial numbered, it can be found.

Comment

i was just thinking about this yesterday, wow, i wonder what people are thinking sometimes. why did they have to do all that damage too? sorry about your car :'(
                    Originally posted by TC
                    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

At least the car can be rebuilt. I just don't understand all the damage just to get the engine though.

Hope he had insurance on it already.

Comment

I'm glad you got it back. What a bunch of hateful people - I agree the dents are complete malice.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

This sucks bad. But it could be worse. Bret Voelkel at Air Ride had their red Camaro stolen at the Year One Experience last year, and it has never been found. Chances are it's been vin swapped or shipped out of the country. Good luck in getting paid what is needed. Insurance companies can suck to deal with.
                          "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Those pictures are truly disgusting! That makes me really mad!! At least he did get the car,but still! >

Comment

Talk about mixed feelings, great to get the car back, but not getting it all back. :-\ :'(
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I hope the cops can track the thief down. Killin's too good for him - I suggest a trip to the spay/neuter clinic. That would give him a LONG time to reflect on his crime (I'm assuming the perp is male - most likely). This breaks my heart - a lot of somebody's hard work right down the drain. Maybe somebody he showed the car to? He seemed to know what he wanted.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X