Taiwan Chrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Taiwan Chrome

As was just said, you get what you pay for.
    While I'm open to buying parts from anywhere, many of the chinese copies just aren't very good. Also, while some are ok, consistent quality is also hard to find with cheapo copies.

Comment

While trying to be complimentary about Chinese tractors,

I just remembered a set of "Made In China" trim rings bought

from NPD. They last a week before going from polished and

shiny waxed chrome to having golden rust metalflake acne!!!!!! > :o >

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
        Originally posted by WhiteMonster
        OH, COME ON AND QUIT THROWING OUT THE RACISM HATE CARD, CAUSE WE DON'T BUY INTO IT !!!

We don't care where a part comes from or who made it, as long as it is good quality.
        We are just calling a spade a spade. Accept that and get on with your life.

See, Keith, I couldn't delete mine.
        ;D

yeah right. how many domestic aftermarket parts have you installed on your own car again?
        Well?
        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I agree. HOWEVER, our option to step up to better quality parts has diminished considerably in some areas. I remember a rash of bad Chevy motor mounts a few years ago that were vulcanized cockeyed, and wouldn't fit from Indonesia I think it was. And one company recently bought the other, so that's all that was available at that time
          Originally posted by bowtiemonster
          you get what you pay for.

Comment

If I can find good used parts for my car, I'll put them on before buying repops. This thread is about tiwanese chrome...it really does suck, compared to 50 year old original GM chrome still in great shape...
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by joebogey
              An idea that's been touched on in a few posts here, and hasn't been brought to the forefront is that it's the company's that are selling it here. Even if it's manufactured in China, there is an American company that has contracted with them to make the part as that American company has contracted them for. If you have a factory and someone comes to you to make XYZ part for $5.00. If you tell them you can make a quality part for $10, or low-quality for $5.00 and they choose the $5.00 part, who's to blame. We are a Wal-Mart/Consumer economy, we don't expect things to last. My Dad's still driving the '70 Impala that he bought as the family car when my brother was born. I've already gone through an engine and a tranny in my Explorer, while the Impala had the cam, lifters, and pushrods replaced. OE's are now making car's that don't need to have service for 100K miles, but how many people do you know that actually keep the car for the 100K miles?

If the inferior products (made in China or U.S.A.) weren't distributed or carried by stores there would be no demand and no manufacture of them. However, they are carried and they are sold, so to quote Kieth, "Look to ourselves"
              I see vehicles everyday with 150k+that barely get normal maintenance, and see more than a few 7.3 powerstrokes with 400k.
              and my home electronics....from japan, tv is sony almost 18 yrs old, strereos in house and garage both from kenwood all pre 1975.
              I try very hard to buy american, but will always buy japanese over chinese and such.
              Reading , Pa
              Good Guys rodders rep.
              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

my home stereo is a Dynaco, from the late 60s
                My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel

This

thread

is

about

taiwanese

chrome...

Did I forget to mention the

chrome headlight buckets

on my Chinese tractor still look new? ;)

Comment

Don't know about Chinese tractors, but I've seen their tanks used for crowd control :o

Comment

The headlights on my WWII tractor are long gone...but it still runs...
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                      X