Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Day 2" parts or "Period Correct" parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Day 2" parts or "Period Correct" parts.

Well, I never heard that terminology. Kinda dumb way to put it I suppose. Maybe it should be GAY 2? I guess that means I'm stuck in Day 1 across the board. But, thanks a bunch for explaining it.
    Originally posted by Two Lane Blacktop
    "Think" it means: Day 2 = 2 day = Today, as in "speed equip. available *today* being used in older rides".

(Like using a 10" monster 15,000rpm tach w/GPS & XM radio & 3 shift-lights

being used in a '55 Chevy, instead of a Sun or SW.) ;)

Back in the day (Day 1) versus Day 2 (today)

Comment

Originally posted by Groucho
      WTF does "day 2" mean?
      What stuff the hotrodders put on the 2nd day of ownership- Day 2. Day 1 = how it was delivered from the dealership.

Comment

I've NEVER heard of that, and I've been non-stop with hot rod shit since 71. I'm gonna guess something here. I refer to Nitrous, as Nitrous or Squeeze. I've heard yuppie types refer to it as "Noss", like in one of those supposed car movies. Is saying "2nd day" parts like saying "Noss"?? If it is, I ain't feelin it :
        Originally posted by RacerRick
        WTF does "day 2" mean?
        What stuff the hotrodders put on the 2nd day of ownership- Day 2. Day 1 = how it was delivered from the dealership.

Comment

I've NEVER heard of that, and I've been non-stop with hot rod shit since 71. I'm gonna guess something here. I refer to Nitrous, as Nitrous or Squeeze. I've heard yuppie types refer to it as "Noss", like in one of those supposed car movies. Is saying "2nd day" parts like saying "Noss"?? If it is, I ain't feelin it :
          Hey Groucho........
          Like you, I've been around this stuff awhile also........I've started hearing the 'day 2' phrase probably for the last couple of years.
          It definately wasn't terminology we used back in the day (or at least in my neck of the woods).
          For sure, first thing guys did back then with a new muscle car was take off factory wheels and put on a set of Cragar's S/S (or equivalent) install aftermarket gauges etc.
          Don't always think it was on 'day 2'.. ;D
          So you weren't in a time warp and missed something.......as far as NOS.....the anal dickhead comes out in me.....all throttle, no bottle ;D

Comment

I never use "NOS" to describe anything other than a kit built by Nitrous Oxide Systems. However some of my cars have had the bottle, been sprayed, on juice, got the squeeze, running the hose, on Nitrous, or running a kit.

Comment

Working...
            X