Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Day 2" parts or "Period Correct" parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Day 2" parts or "Period Correct" parts.

I prefer Day 2 and I really get into searching for the correct stuff to keep my cars in the era they were manufactured in. I really dig checking out a car at a show or cruise and peering inside to see a vintage set of Sun or S&W gauges or Autometers and looking under the hood and seeing vintage CD ignitions or seeing a set of Yellow Traction bars peeking out from under the body. I recently found this old Autometer dealer display and mounted a couple of early 70's Tachs on it. Both are from the first Autometer location in Elgin, Ill and are "pre" sport comp days.

I would really be interested in seeing what you guys have stored away from the 60's and 70's that used to be the hot ticket when you hit the local speed shops. I got something today that has me stoked and I can't wait to unpack it and get a picture to post. I'm a junkie when it comes to old used speed parts 8)

Tommy ;D

Re: "Day 2" parts or "Period Correct" parts.

For me, "period correct" means "used and cheap". Low buck racing has it's own rewards!
    Dan

Comment

Looking for a (NOS) Mallory Voltmaster II coil from late-'60s right now... :o

And a nice complete Hurst Reverse-Lockout for a Competition Plus... :o

And...And...And... :o

(Stop me before it gets worse, please!)

Comment

Here ya go Tommy......
        Got a small collection of gauges....SW, Sun, Dixco etc.
        An orignal set of moon hubcaps from January 1966 (some newspaper inside used for packing has date on it)
        My collection of old car magazines.......I think DF has an article in the 1948 Speed Age mag.. ;D
        I think the small Honk magazine was a predecessor to Car Craft

Comment

DAMN! and I though I was bad having a few old tachs around.

The only nifty tach I have is one I got on ebay, a Jones Motrola with the old Moroso logo on the face.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Thom, I wish I could look through some of those magazines.... Nice tachs too 8). Here are some more of the Autometers. I got some of these from an aquaintance up North who had been collecting them for a while. I recently found a few more in Birmingham. I bought one for a VW that is just too cool.. Now I just gotta get another VW to put it in...

Tommy

Comment

heres a period correct part I sold a few months back...

anyone guess what it sold for??? ;D

Comment

Hey "Monk", I know you will like this being a music guy, I took the pic because of the SW mechanical tach and the old MSD Autotronic boxes but the Akai Reel 2 Reel is an added bonus (I use it too)..

Here's the little Vee Dub Tach 8)

Tommy

Comment

Originally posted by bb70duster
                  anyone guess what it sold for??? ;D
                  a bunch! a friend has been looking for Nicson stuff....trying to find a side cover for a 216...

My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel

a Jones Motrola with the old Moroso logo on the face.
                    Very valuable cable-drive!! Never saw many on the street,

but every in-the-know high-dollar racer seemed to use them.

The Stahl logo version is even more sought after, but the very same tach.

The rear-exit drives (vs. bottom-exit) add even more to their value.

Can't afford 'em, but sure liked looking at them!

Comment

It is a neat old tach, I paid about a bill for it, it's a bottom cable type.

should go into my 61 belair bubbletop...although I need something similar for my 55 to replace the monster in it.
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy
                        Hey "Monk", I know you will like this being a music guy, I took the pic because of the SW mechanical tach and the old MSD Autotronic boxes but the Akai Reel 2 Reel is an added bonus (I use it too)..

Tommy
                        Dude, that's exactly like my Dad's Akai reel to reel. My big sis has it now. Still uses it too.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I have 2 brand new Sun tach boxes... one for 6 bangers and one for a Magneto... they are both in original boxes .... Oh and I have a installation kit for a Sun Tach... chrome cup with mounting hardward...

All of it's for sale I suppose... maybe I should put it on e-bay... but I'll never get around to that....

Hmmm

K

Comment

I have two Akai M9's sitting at my Dad's House in Georgia. He used them when he went to Vietnam, to keep himself entertained, when he was'nt ocupied with the War. I think he recorded the whole Swing Era records set to tape while overseas. Nearly 300 hours of Music. Brings back alot of memories. He would send tapes home to us kids to play on the other Matching Akai M9. I remember recording the landing on the Moon and sending it for him to listen to.

Comment

Good stuff! Here is a Vintage Gas Ronda RAC tach I recently picked up.

Time Wasters...
                              http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Working...
                              X