Local stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local stuff

Well, I've been saving some of these to post over the winter. Seems I was posting pics of some parts or a junkyard every other day over the summer.

Here's a few new ones.

'38 Ford School Bus. Still ran, and shortly after I took these it was loaded up and shipped to Canada to be restored to original. Still had all the seats in it.

This '68 Shelby GT-350 was found in a garage in town, one of those local legends you hear about, but never see. The owner died and his family sold the car for 10K to a local car dealer, who sold it for 20 a month later. Now if I could just find that '66 Biscayne 427 that's supposed be around here.

Slight left side body damage and too high an asking price allowed this '70 Cyclone GT 429 to have grass growing up around it.

Re: Local stuff

What lake did they get that bus out of?

If I find that Biscayne, I'm not gonna tell you and keep it myself. ;D
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Landlord's got a '68 Shelby GT-500-KR Convertable in that Lime Green color. It's got the 'simulated Snake-Skin(very rare..)Top. The origional 428/4-Speed is long gone...it's now got a '66 Chevy(Impala)327/Powerglide in it ;D. ~J/W-006.

Comment

Somone need's to rescue that Cyclone!'70-'71 Cyclones were really cheap until 4 or 5 years ago because nobody knew what they were, now they're getting to be out of reach. I've seen a few on ebay for $40k and up.
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

cyclones are nice , but they resemble aircraft carriers

Comment

Yes,but they're STYLISH Aircraft-Carriers. And once again,the 'Boss'(and His Brother's...)has about 9 '70 Cyclone-Spoilers....see what happens when you save things? ~J/W-OO6.

Comment

There was a '70 Cyclone Spoiler 429SCJ, 4 spd, Grabber Blue, with 19,000 miles on it a few towns over. The guy bought it new when he came from the service, and he had it for sale for $4500 in about '98-'99.

I think he kept it, but the only reason I knew about it was it sat by the side of the road for years, because he was into Model A's and they took up his garage.

Comment

Working...
              X