Tremec 5 speed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremec 5 speed...

quick question to save my butt the time of looking it up... anyone know what Fluid this pig takes?

Yep the 32 is up to Fluid's... should ride down the road TODAY... or at least a bit...

K

Re: Tremec 5 speed...

We use dextron 3 in the Mazda 6 speed!

Comment

I put Synchromax in mine....it really smoothed it out. The yellow penzoil stuff.

The trans was really notchy-shifting....it made it smoother than regular stuff.

Ax

Comment

I've had my Tremec in now two seasons........probably less than 2,000 miles.......should one change the fluid in these at any type on interval?

Comment

Mine's been in since 2004. I changed the fluid after talking with some Tremec (old 3550) users. It was really notchy and didn't really go into gear that easily. I switched the fluid over to that synchromax junk and it really smoothed it out.

Ax

Comment

TKO or T5? World Class T5's originally came with ATF but I think they seam to like straight 30W. I'm watching this because I'm putting a T5 in my project car.
            Central TEXAS Sleeper
            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I've been using GM Fluid 12345349 in my TKO600, I think another optional one is Dextron II

Comment

both my old TKO and my TKO 600 take GM sycromesh fluid.

On a side note, this comes from Ford, do not replace transmission fluid such as dextron 2, or mercon fluids with gear lube in any transmission or transfer case. the tapered and needle bearings and thrust surfaces are not designed for gear lube and will cause rapid wear.
                that from Ford ,so your milage may vary ;D
                Reading , Pa
                Good Guys rodders rep.
                "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

if the trans is new or in good condition use gm sycromesh, if its noisy or the syncros are woren use 30 wt oil (synthetic)

Comment

factory fill in tremec trans is atf dex mercron

Comment

Working...
                    X