Cartunes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cartunes

Anyone listen to a specific kind of music while wrenching? Anyone have a kickin garage stereo? at my shop its made of an old car stereo out of a ford... but you gotta have tunes.....

Bill

Re: Cartunes

i have a center dash piece out of a ford truck with a radio in it mounted in a wall in my shop with 4 car speakers in each corner. if iam just tinkering around, i listen to jazz. but i build a lot of motors and heads mostly and i listen to hard rock/metal

Comment

I usually turn on the TV, Spike or Tru Tv(old court tv). Love to watch old Cops episodes. Or the weather. :-[

Comment

I usually drag my Laptop out to the Carport and listen to AOL radio. It's usually tuned to Hair metal, Classic Rock, Country or Comedy, in about that order ;D
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Usually metal is being played in my garage
          1964 Chevelle
          Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
          LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

iam liken it 8)

Comment

Got an old stereo from the '70's........

I listen to two kinds of music.....

rock

and

roll

Comment

Blues, or rock (everything from mid sixties to present), depends what mood I am in.

Comment

At this moment I am grooving to Steppenwolfs "Monster-Suicide-America" 8). Give me a few minutes and I may have to get my Jimmy Martin Fix and will probably have heard "Blue Jean Blues" by tomorrow Morning... I listen to alot of different stuff but almost all of it is older than 1975. I missed a deal on some old stereo equipment recently but do have some house speakers out in the garage wired into some yard sale "hifi" parts. A friend of mine pawned a pair of vintage Klipsch speakers that his Dad bought while active duty in Germany many years ago... I wish I could have gotten those...

Tommy

Comment

All sorts of rock when turning wrenches, specific songs for racing, rock/r&b/techno for crusing. I've got song lists miles long...
                    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Speaking of tunes.......I picked up a Jr Walker album a few weeks back......it was his 'Shotgun' album.

Didn't think much of the purchase till I ripped onto cd........man, it's some of the best instrumental you'll ever hear......got lots of sax (I like lots of sax)
                      Just a great one to sit back with a glass of wine and groove

If anyone on the forum wants a copy I'll burn ya up a copy fer free.....yup nuthin......just send me your address.....this stuff is worth sharing....a special Carjunkietv offer only... ;D

Hey Tommy...ya gettin on that Magic Carpet Ride???.......with Hey Lawdy Mama

Comment

Thom, I fell off the carpet Ride and hopped a ride with Ian Anderson and Mick Abrahams and now getting a ear full of "Spooky Tooth" . Time to quit though, got to go sell some auto parts and install windshield wipers for the ladies in the morning....

Tommy

Comment

i got a kenwood home stereo in the garage and i listen to xm radio boneyard hair bands and 80's style rock

Comment

Peter Frampton on the Fisher 8-Track

nuff said.
                            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I have a sony bookshelf system,with the 3 disc changer in it and a remote. I wish I had a picture of the salesmans face at circuit city ,when I told him it had to be loud enough to hear ovet the air compressor.
                              Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

Working...
                              X