Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Red Ball Express has left the building!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Red Ball Express has left the building!!!

Originally posted by antmnte
    Hey Brian if you ever get down this way I'll still buy you a pizza! And beer. ;)
    How far are you from Frank Pepe's in New Haven, CT.

That's some good stuff there!

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Did you say Frank's Pepe? ;D
      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Personally, I was thrilled to death to be involved. I loved this. When is the next one?
        "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Chad, I think you were the first to sign it, and I think I mighta been the last.... I wonder how many were in between?

And exactly how many miles was it?

Comment

Ryan actually was the first sign it,
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Randal, great pics, man! Beautiful scenery!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                Cool... I'm still wondering how we can preserve all the signatures on this thing.

They are EVERYWHERE.

Comment

I didn't sign the car. I only signed the sign. That's what Brian told me to do. Ryan signed the rear floorboard first, and then Rebeldryver. We should all post our mileage one way, and then we'll do the match afterward.

From Burbank to my house and then to Ely, was 519.7 miles.
                  "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

One thing, I hope the body doesn't get all twisted up and completely ruined while racing, that would be a shame.

Comment

Mine was probably the shortest leg of the RBE, 248.7 miles from Gateway to John Force Racing in Brownsburg, IN.

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman
                        Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                        Cool... I'm still wondering how we can preserve all the signatures on this thing.

They are EVERYWHERE.
                        Clearcoat. Stupid and expensive, yes. I feel that a free car, or traded for beer car, with a used engine and trans, cobbled together wiring, and old ass tires needs $800 of clear coat on it so it can get hit and flake off the first trip to a track.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I think my first order of business is going to be living inside this thing with a welder for a couple days patching and filling holes, closing the large gaps between the rear quarters and the wheel wells, etc.

Mope....My sarcasm meter is thinking you're joking, but the passenger side is fairly well thrashed, the doors are hollowed out to the skins and and ace sawzall operator took care of any tire clearance issues.

Later this week or this weekend I plan on blasting about a million photos of some of the more "interesting" features of the car as it sits.

Tony and I did 565 miles each way.....at 11.3 miles per gallon, each way.

Brian
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                            I think my first order of business is going to be living inside this thing with a welder for a couple days patching and filling holes, closing the large gaps between the rear quarters and the wheel wells, etc.

Mope....My sarcasm meter is thinking you're joking, but the passenger side is fairly well thrashed, the doors are hollowed out to the skins and and ace sawzall operator took care of any tire clearance issues.

Later this week or this weekend I plan on blasting about a million photos of some of the more "interesting" features of the car as it sits.

Tony and I did 565 miles each way.....at 11.3 miles per gallon, each way.

Brian
                            Sounds like a lot of work, but I know it will be fun as well. I can see it now, " Brian Junkie & Sons Racing" You do have the kid out there with you don't you? ;D XS welding helmet, gloves, etc..... you know the deal.

Comment

Well it was 165 miles to get the car, 240 towing the car and then 85 getting home. Less then 500 miles total. That's a walk in the park. ;D
                              I R Bob
                              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman
                                And exactly how many miles was it?
                                #1 Chad (CarJunkieChad) Burbank, CA - Ely 519.7 miles
                                #2 Randal (TheSilverBuick) Ely - Denver, CO
                                #3 Dan (Bamfster) Denver, CO - Topeka, KS 559.0 miles
                                #4 Andy (67rs/ss) Topeka, KS - Gateway, MO
                                (MR4speed)
                                #5 Phil "Diesel" Cooper (457Brodix) Gateway, MO - Brownsburg, IN 248.7 miles
                                #6 Chris (tiresmoke!) Brownsburg, IN - Columbus, OH
                                #7 Bob (BluLightning) Columbus, OH to Erie, PA 240.0 miles
                                Reni
                                #8 Brian Lohnes Erie, PA - Boston, MA 565 miles
                                Tony (Caveman)

Comment

Working...
                                X