Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Red Ball Express has left the building!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Red Ball Express has left the building!!!

I went 559 miles to HPT.....
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

83 miles to Topeka then 83 home. 240 to St.Louis then 240 home. 646 total miles give or take a few.

For the few miles we cruised thru EAST St Louis. :o

Comment

I think Tiresmoke and myself went 368 miles round trip. T-smoke, can you second that ?

Comment

The truck I was using had oversized tires so the odometer readings are off. My MPG calculations were 9.5mpg, but I'm guessing it was closer to Brian's 11mpg (same torqueless engine..)

Going off mapquest from my Driveway to the Colorado Mills in Lakewood, CO where I called Bamfster it says 662.68 miles.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Dude, yours is even more torqueless as you're packin' a 2-valver and mine is a three.

You must have been hammer down the whole freaking time!

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierGTA
              I think Tiresmoke and myself went 368 miles round trip. T-smoke, can you second that ?
              Shit, I was thinking about that today.......closer to 400.

I say this, factoring in loading the car, going home, going back up and hooking the trailer, and shagging ass to Columbus(that whole tank of V-Power was dedicated to this run), dropping you and the trailer off at your place, and me hitting the driveway on the 7th.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat...fun helping someone out.

Who knows, it could be ME on the receiving end someday.

Comment

I didn't find the Jav last Sunday but I did get to Albany to get my camera usb cable that was taken at a Xmas party,
                so now I can get fotos from my camera to my pc
                here's a couple fotos I took with a little relevancy.

I was looking for the race car on the pole but maybe it not there anymore.
                Figured out I must not have been there since the 1960's, went into the Army in Jan 1968 and lived in other places
                until 2 yrs ago, it has changed a lot, I didn't know they had a circle track there now.
                Joe

Comment

The forum transmission is on it's way home. Seth picked it up this afternoon. Good luck with it!
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Hey Brian where are the pics? I wanted to hear all the feedback on the stickers I put on it. ;D
                    Andy

Comment

Andy,

On Sat/Sunday the beast is getting the full photo monte and a project car thread started. Since I've received the car, I got it in the dark, towed it all f'n day, unloaded in the dark, see it in the dark when I leave from work and see it in the dark when I get home.

Best I can tell it is a resto quality Javelin...is there something I should know? ;D

Your stickers MAY stir some discussion........HA!

Brian

Comment

Hey Brian, gimme a heads up when you wanna start on this beauty, I can't wait to start bangin' metal on this thing...

Hey, you think we could relocate the 'Denver police' sticker so we can fit a tunnel-ram on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                          Andy,

On Sat/Sunday the beast is getting the full photo monte and a project car thread started. Since I've received the car, I got it in the dark, towed it all f'n day, unloaded in the dark, see it in the dark when I leave from work and see it in the dark when I get home.

Best I can tell it is a resto quality Javelin...is there something I should know? ;D

Your stickers MAY stir some discussion........HA!

Brian

Yeah..........ya should've seen the grin on Andy's face the whole time
                          he was peelin and stickin........... ;D
                          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman
                            Hey Brian, gimme a heads up when you wanna start on this beauty, I can't wait to start bangin' metal on this thing...

Hey, you think we could relocate the 'Denver police' sticker so we can fit a tunnel-ram on it?
                            Just let me know if you need another one of those.....
                            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
                              Originally posted by Caveman

Just let me know if you need another one of those.....
                              Is it OK if I have my wife paint "Mother F#$cker" under it. ;D

Brian

Comment

still in the dog house,uh

Comment

Working...
                                X