Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Red Ball Express has left the building!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Red Ball Express has left the building!!!

I want pictures Poo Poo head...

K

Comment

Originally posted by carjunkiechad
      Back the trailers up to each other and push. The only way it could be easier would be to hire people to push.

I'm tired. I have 200 ish miles to go. Can someone else drive for a while?
      Time for Cole to learn how to drive a stick shift. I'm sure DF won't mind. ;D
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Sweet, and I thought I was going to miss out on the start of this.

Safe driving to all. Planning my own mess soon enough.

Andy
        Andrew
        1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
        2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          He's about 1200 I believe. Me and the Caveman are doing 1100, but Chad's is through the lunar surface known as the Southwest.

Brian
          Yeah, but we hafta go thru the alien planet known as New York.

Boston guys HATE New York. ;D

Comment

Since this thing has kicked into gear, I figured I'd better get off my lazy ass and go dig out the trailer, seeing as we'll need it this weekend... and without further ado, here's my lovely little saga of Red Ball Express Chariot No. 8:

Glad I started early... took me all Saturday afternoon... How many days of winter left?

Not a lot of snow, but the fun part is that its not snow... after all the freeze/thaw cycles that friggin New England (thats how I've referred to it since Dec. 1) has had, its now solid ICE. Please note the dozen or so 1.5" fencing pipes my brother-in-law left on there last month, which are now PART of the trailer, under 1-2" of you guessed it... ice.

... And the lovely bobsled run the trail to the backyard has become... Lets just say sparks flew from the chains on the tractor trying to UNSTUCK this trailer. Wish I had a vid...

One of the larger chunks of ice pried off the trailer... yes, thats a garage door in the background for scale comparison. About 3'x4'. Did I mention I miss Tucson right about now...

Ahhh.... the tools of the Ice Age caveman... a long-handled chipper (yes, I jabbed it into the frozen mess and its standing by itself) a sledge hammer, and a hatchet. Wheeee...

Close up of the sharp tool---they let me have sharp objects once a month, so its the spork for the next few weeks. Plenty of ice chips... Margheritas anyone?

And here's my personal fav: the 8-lb Sledge. Wait till you see the next pic...

This is the painfully negligible damage after one 'from-your-ass-from-the-heels-caveman-scream-ring-the-carnival-bell' type swing. But at least the ice chips flew 20 feet. Now where'd I put that bag of rock salt?

Good news is, most of you live in places where it DON'T snow, or if it does, its cold enough to stay nice & fluffy. And... the trailer is FREE from its prison of ice... AND ready for the road !! Safe Travel and Happy Trails to all those Junkies on the RED BALL EXPRESS!!

Comment

Man just looking at that made my nuts try to crawl back in side me. :o

Comment

Dude, just hitch it up, and find a heated car wash place, with hot water. Around here, a fair amount of the car washes use hot water and heated bays.

I know I'm not looking forward to the fact it's snowed, then been in the 50's here this weekend to melt it all and make one muddy damn mess.
                Got to plan for a 1,000-ish mile round trip soon.
                Andrew
                1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

It's totally clean now... after all that fun in 25 degree weather Saturday, it went up to 40 today and melted the rest off... And its back in the 20's again tonight! Yay!

Comment

must be an Iowa/Nebraska thing, the first thing i thought when i saw those pics was, " dude, find a car wash, and let the hot water do its thing!!"

that and, dude, I feel your pain!
                    Charles

Comment

I had to shovel about 4" of snow off the trailer when I picked it up, and this morning I put down a ton of salt on it to break up what ice there was, but as Chad can tell you while pushing the car I didn't quite get it all :P

I've picked up the truck I'm using, tomorrow I'll hook it to the trailer (which is chilling downtown right now). Figure I'll leave tomorrow around 11am and take I-70 until sundown and spend the night where ever I end up (Grand Junction?).

What Chad hasn't said is he left my friend and I at the trailer attached to my waaay overloaded Jeep down town. He offered us a ride back to my house (because I wasn't going to drive the jeep so over loaded (pictures later)) but we opted to walk further down town to the bar to watch the Super Bowl as Chad headed out. Haha ;D

Had one guy though walk by the car and compliment me on a nice "Camaro"!! > Then I corrected him and he started on how he thought it was actually a Nova > Then he started rambling on about how often he's seen ME racing it at the local track : At that point I walked away.

I'll let Chad do the writing of some of the trials and tribulations I had getting ready AFTER he got here. Good times and set to go.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                        I had to shovel about 4" of snow off the trailer when I picked it up, and this morning I put down a ton of salt on it to break up what ice there was, but as Chad can tell you while pushing the car I didn't quite get it all :P

I've picked up the truck I'm using, tomorrow I'll hook it to the trailer (which is chilling downtown right now). Figure I'll leave tomorrow around 11am and take I-70 until sundown and spend the night where ever I end up (Grand Junction?).

What Chad hasn't said is he left my friend and I at the trailer attached to my waaay overloaded Jeep down town. He offered us a ride back to my house (because I wasn't going to drive the jeep so over loaded (pictures later)) but we opted to walk further down town to the bar to watch the Super Bowl as Chad headed out. Haha ;D

Had one guy though walk by the car and compliment me on a nice "Camaro"!! > Then I corrected him and he started on how he thought it was actually a Nova > Then he started rambling on about how often he's seen ME racing it at the local track : At that point I walked away.

I'll let Chad do the writing of some of the trials and tribulations I had getting ready AFTER he got here. Good times and set to go.
                        Good stuff.

Comment

I'm on E. Literaly and figuretively. But I'm 2 miles from home and will make it. It's sleepy time. And yes I'll be in my pajamas tomorrow. Good night.
                          "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Originally posted by carjunkiechad
                            I'm on E. Literaly and figuretively. But I'm 2 miles from home and will make it. It's sleepy time. And yes I'll be in my pajamas tomorrow. Good night.
                            I hope "E" means empty, and not Ecstacy! :D

I was hoping you'd check in before I hit the sack. Glad you made it back safely Chad. Stage one complete!

Comment

The iron man...and a lone wolf at that. Thanks for following my advice about not killing yourself!

Randal, be safe traveling over the freaking mountains. You have mountains, we have angry New Yorkers...you win.

Brian
                              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                                I want pictures Poo Poo head...
                                Chad went to sleep ...

Comment

Working...
                                X