Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Red Ball Express has left the building!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Red Ball Express has left the building!!!

CAPTAIN CHAOS!!!!!!
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Re: The Red Ball Express has left the building!!!

Originally posted by Javelin_GT
      What ever happend to this car? I used to own it at one time in around 2004.

So cool! Did you race the car anytime near Missouri? When we were close to St. Louis a man we met told us he raced against a car just like it. We ended up going back to his house and watching a few hours of racing video's! He was a great guy and we did see a gimps of a car that may have been it. Not sure if it was but it made for a great story!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
        Still looks a lot like that! I have the car, it is in my backyard and once I finish the truck project in the Spring, my plan is to start on the Jav. It is going to be a bare bones budget racer type deal with a 360 for motorvation.

The thing has to be torn just about all the way down, cage cut out, and then reconstructed. It is a neat piece!
        Soooo, Brian, my man... What happened with this?

Comment

• it got traded off for some corn mash and a 307 chevy short block if i remember correctly
          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

• Almost forgot about the Redball Express

Here's the swap over at Gateway

This guy looked 'Grumpy'
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

• Man that was a fun time!
              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                Ok here we go with pics.
                Place we got the trailer from

WTF???

Crazy bastard ;D

What the hell were we listening to?

MMM cheese.

And the trailer said the speed limit was 45mph

Moving the Red Ball

Mall cop, watch out!

Ready to roll

Tiresmoke and Hoosier GTA

It's following me!

QSL in C-Bus

Monkey love, yeah baby!

Bicentennial barn

Almost there.

Score!!!

What the hell is that?

Oh yeah, it's a car

Oh and Seth, I've got something for you.

Well that's it, enjoy
                Bob

Oh almost forgot, the killer AMC with an actual girl!! She ain't scared.
                That was a blast. Wish we could come up with a fun game of hauling something out west. It wouldn't have to be something large like a car. Just a chance to meet and greet. We could haul Brian out for the Spring Nationals or something.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Fun Times, indeed...

Dan, we were TOTALLY living a "Blues Brothers" moment the whole leg of our trip with that trailer of yours...no spare tire, and the right-front spindle being bent(I KNEW that thing looked a bit "off")...and the tire holding up until we hit that expansion joint inthe bridge 15 miles from your house...thankfully there was no load on it.

Bob, I'm glad you were able to come through in a pinch to sub for Neal being sick and all....althugh Dan and I were ready to march all the way up to meet Brian to deliver that tank of a Javelin if need be.

Comment

• I do not think I have been that sick since... Sorry I missed it....
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

• Seems like yesterday.
                      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

• I'd be up for another too ....
                        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

• Yep, definitely the good old days.
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• No regrets, just a few disappointments...
                            1) wasn't able to get the car by HBS(Shannon), we'll meet up somewhere sir...guessing it would've left with some Navy swag
                            2) Neal being sick and not being able to meet him(although we did finally meet up at Muncie, DW 2009 finale..think it was right before Larson pulled his Superman run at the end)
                            3) We never did get to see that tub move under it's own power
                            4) forgetting what the brand of beer was that Bob had in the back of that Exploder...it looked like it might be good.

Comment

• Originally posted by tiresmoke! View Post
                              No regrets, just a few disappointments...
                              1) wasn't able to get the car by HBS(Shannon), we'll meet up somewhere sir...guessing it would've left with some Navy swag
                              2) Neal being sick and not being able to meet him(although we did finally meet up at Muncie, DW 2009 finale..think it was right before Larson pulled his Superman run at the end)
                              3) We never did get to see that tub move under it's own power
                              4) forgetting what the brand of beer was that Bob had in the back of that Exploder...it looked like it might be good.
                              5) I should've gone to Indy and downed a few Shiner Bocks with Smoke during transfer.
                              Thom

Comment

• That car really got around as it traveled.

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                                X