CarJunkieTV.com Now Hiring! Gearhead Video Junkies Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarJunkieTV.com Now Hiring! Gearhead Video Junkies Needed

We've decided that we are going to take all of our video shooting and editing in-house, so we're looking for some Field Producers/Videographers/Editors to join our team. You'll need to be able to hang out with me and Chad nearly endlessly while capturing all kinds of action from car buildups to product testing to racing. We're looking to hire three people for the video team. Some travel will be required. All equipment will be supplied.

Candidates must be able to maintain a tireless and fast pace, with daily shoots of varying types. The more you know about American performance cars, the better. A great sense of humor and a strong desire to get in on the ground floor of something new and ambitious are mandatory.
    Responsibilities:
    - Shoot and edit HD video for shorts
    - This position requires camera work, editing, and posting to the Web
    - Audio recording in the field and studio
    - Compression of video into Web-based formats
    - Compression of video into DVD authoring format
    - Edit video using Final Cut Pro
    - Organize, archive, and maintain a footage library
    - Log footage
    - Maintain organized records and database of elements in the editing process
    - Production of master CDs, .flv files, and DVDs
    - Acquire audio using various microphones, light sets, and provide talent direction when needed
    - Maintain edit suite and make recommendations on all service and equipment needs
    - Communicate extensively with fellow staff members to ensure projects stay on track and are completed in a timely manner
    - Make recommendations to producers regarding editing design
    - Ensure continuity, quality, and content of all projects before they are released
    - Execute backups of media files following established protocols
    - Make dubs as needed; black and timecode tapes

Technical and Creative Requirements:
    - Extensive experience shooting and editing HD video for shorts
    - Expertise with FinalCut Pro and MacOS
    - Skilled in lighting/audio and post-production in both linear and non-linear environments
    - Technical acumen in editing and posting to the Web
    - Knowledge of various cameras and related production equipment

We offer competitive salaries and boundless opportunities for creativity and skillset development. This position is based in Burbank, CA.

To apply, send a resume and a link to your work to [email protected]. Starting salaries in the $50,000-plus range based on experience.

Re: CarJunkieTV.com Now Hiring! Gearhead Video Junkies Needed

Any room for Diet Coke and beer drinkers and lsr racers? lol
    Why do you have to be so far away out on the left coast anyway?
    Demographics are stronger on this side and cost of living is probably half of what it is out there, so as Drew Carry says ..............Come on Down.
    Living the dream!

Comment

Whats the comute time betweem Burbank and Indy? Could be like a Power Tour every day!

Comment

Why, oh why, did I re-enlist? If I even had the slightest feeling this would happen I'd spend the next 8 mo learning how to do it all....

What about field reporters? Not everything can be in SoCal..kinda freelance work, both written and shot
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

read the qualifications.......leaves me out

i'm still trying to figure out how to load the film in my brownie camera........ ;D

i'd work for nothing of the CJTV babe calendar though..... :D

Comment

Does this position allow for total access to the state-of-the-art CJTV shop, tools and refrigerator???

I would forego the 401k for a fully stocked fridge....
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Alright,I'm gonna make a list of the requirements,and strive to master all of them. I love Cali,as I hate rust.Of course with the Charger,Cuda,S10 and a barn full of parts and tools...Everybody I know has been telling me I HAVE to get a job involving my passion for cars,and that my writing skills are top notch.Maybe they're just brown-nosing (I don't know why they would,I don't have any money!)

Comment

Can't I just be the guy who holds the mic or lights? (I hope at least some one from here can fill this job)
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

OK guys, you've asked for it.... here's my Resumé... ;)

Candidates must be able to maintain a tireless and fast pace, with daily shoots of varying types. The more you know about American performance cars, the better. A great sense of humor and a strong desire to get in on the ground floor of something new and ambitious are mandatory.

Sounds cool to me!

Responsibilities:
                  - Shoot and edit HD video for shorts - I rather prefer skirts
                  - This position requires camera work, editing, and posting to the Web - Check!
                  - Compression of video into Web-based formats - Check!
                  - Compression of video into DVD authoring format - Check!
                  - Edit video using Final Cut Pro - Check!
                  - Organize, archive, and maintain a footage library - Check!
                  - Log footage - Check!
                  - Maintain organized records and database of elements in the editing process - Check!
                  - Production of master CDs, .flv files, and DVDs - I think I could handle that
                  - Acquire audio using various microphones, light sets, and provide talent direction when needed
                  - Maintain edit suite and make recommendations on all service and equipment needs
                  - Communicate extensively with fellow staff members to ensure projects stay on track and are completed in a timely manner - You mean bully people around? ;D
                  - Make recommendations to producers regarding editing design Read: Pretend you know better...? Cool! :P
                  - Ensure continuity, quality, and content of all projects before they are released Read: Make sure fridge is full with good content :D
                  - Execute backups of media files following established protocols - Check!
                  - Make dubs as needed; black and timecode tapes - I learn fast

Fail! - Extensive experience shooting and editing HD video for shorts
                  Check! - Expertise with FinalCut Pro and MacOS
                  Fail! - Skilled in lighting/audio and post-production in both linear and non-linear environments
                  Check! - Technical acumen in editing and posting to the Web
                  Fail! - Knowledge of various cameras and related production equipment

Since the best talent can be found on YouTube ;D , here are 2 simple clips I flabbed together some time ago;
                  Short clip I mixed together for the owner of the car. (He decided he wanted the music under the clip)
                  Small Homemade compilation of Chrit Heynen's '70 Plymouth Roadrunner at the track.Car runs 10.9 in SuperStreet Dragrace class.440 w/rollercam & ported Edelbr...

Clip of me doing some higway-cruising in one of my heaps;
                  Just some cruisin around in my 1962 Chrysler NewYorker Wagon. We just came from a dragrace-weekend and are headed home.Music: "Dynotone Stomp" & "High Wall" ...

:P

One question though:
                  Can you also arrange a green card or bride with more than acceptable looks and personality?
                  :D :D
                  www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar
                    OK guys, you've asked for it.... here's my Resumé... ;)

Sounds cool to me!

Responsibilities:
                    - Shoot and edit HD video for shorts - I rather prefer skirts
                    - This position requires camera work, editing, and posting to the Web - Check!
                    - Compression of video into Web-based formats - Check!
                    - Compression of video into DVD authoring format - Check!
                    - Edit video using Final Cut Pro - Check!
                    - Organize, archive, and maintain a footage library - Check!
                    - Log footage - Check!
                    - Maintain organized records and database of elements in the editing process - Check!
                    - Production of master CDs, .flv files, and DVDs - I think I could handle that
                    - Communicate extensively with fellow staff members to ensure projects stay on track and are completed in a timely manner - You mean bully people around? ;D
                    - Make recommendations to producers regarding editing design Read: Pretend you know better...? Cool! :P
                    - Ensure continuity, quality, and content of all projects before they are released Read: Make sure fridge is full with good content :D
                    - Execute backups of media files following established protocols - Check!
                    - Make dubs as needed; black and timecode tapes - I learn fast

Fail! - Extensive experience shooting and editing HD video for shorts
                    Check! - Expertise with FinalCut Pro and MacOS
                    Fail! - Skilled in lighting/audio and post-production in both linear and non-linear environments
                    Check! - Technical acumen in editing and posting to the Web
                    Fail! - Knowledge of various cameras and related production equipment

Since the best talent can be found on YouTube ;D , here are 2 simple clips I flabbed together some time ago;
                    Short clip I mixed together for the owner of the car. (He decided he wanted the music under the clip)
                    Small Homemade compilation of Chrit Heynen's '70 Plymouth Roadrunner at the track.Car runs 10.9 in SuperStreet Dragrace class.440 w/rollercam & ported Edelbr...

Clip of me doing some higway-cruising in one of my heaps;
                    Just some cruisin around in my 1962 Chrysler NewYorker Wagon. We just came from a dragrace-weekend and are headed home.Music: "Dynotone Stomp" & "High Wall" ...

:P

One question though:
                    Can you also arrange a green card or bride with more than acceptable looks and personality?
                    :D :D
                    Dude.......you're hired!

Just write the scripts..........you're friggin killing me here
                    You can pick up some side jobs for Leno while you're out there ;D

Comment

I kinda thought Kyle would be all over this. I dont know how many of the qualifications he has but it sounds like his dream job!

Comment

As much as I would love that job; I qualify for none. Sounds like a crazy, fun job. Sucks that I am one of the few here that wouldn't have to move either.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

2 For Kyle!

Comment

I have been a gearhead video junkie since video was invented.
                            I have my own gear and can take your direction over the phone/vie email. Location aint a problem.
                            I can't take a staff gig but am totally open to freelance opportunities.

Comment

Grinner, I tried to get you when you PM'd me before. Please email: [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X