Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CarJunkieTV.com Now Hiring! Gearhead Video Junkies Needed

Originally posted by carjunkiechad
    We aren't sure on cameras yet. We are letting the new team spec out what they need and want. We have lots of contacts in the production business so the relationship with vendors is good. We have a JVC prosumer level camera that DF and I carry around to play with and that's it. Not any of our good stuff yet.

$50k is doable here. Apartments do not cost $1700 everywhere. I pay $2250 for a 2200sqft house on a third of an acre. It's not in LA, but it's in a great area. I could easily live on $50k on my own or with a wife that worked too. Not a problem. Not rich, but doable. Now, keep in mind, I don't own or want to own a house. That makes it a little cheaper. Not much though since the guy that owns my house has to pay for it with my money.

As far as hiring Kyle? No way, we need him other places, and he is way too successful at his own TWO gigs to stop. For those of you that don't know, Kyle does 1320 as a side deal. He could make a fortune on it, but then it wouldn't be fun. (His words.)
    i was half joking about the 1700.00 apartment thing. there's definately a lot of places out there for less than that.
    50k in so cal is totally doable. Chad's right, if you dont have to own a home then 50K is downright attractive in this business. Magazine staffers have been working in socal,living off way less than thatand having a great time doing the best job in the world for decades.

Plus, you're getting paid to get in on the ground floor of a something remarkable here guys. think about it.

Comment

Makes me wish I would have stayed in the classes in school that was trying to teach me how to do all the fancy stuff with cameras. ;D I quit that and started in with cars. Guess I like grease under my fingernails.

Comment

Its never too late man. i was deep into building cars and out of school for years before I ever considered trying to get a job at a magazine. I didn't even know such a job existed. One summer day i met a magazine staffer at a car show. He seemed like he had the best job in the world, and the next thing I knew i was selling most of my stuff, went back to school, and stuck with it until i graduated. I left New York and showed up in California without a resume and no place to live. It was tough but i eventually got my foot in the door at Primedia. I've been in love with my job ever since. You won't get rich doing this sort of thing but you will meet some of the best people in the world and get to play with cars for a living.

Comment

I wish you needed a wrench, I can learn the photo part.
          I have the basic skills of the average Joe.

Comment

We're sorting out the team for the best combination of skills. The ideal person would know all our tech requirements and also be as hardcore as we are with cars. That perfect person likely does not exist.
            This is true of most job applications. They post for the ideal candidate and chose from what's available. I've gotten several postings at work over the years and people ask me how I got it when I didn't meet all the requirements. Simple answer, your guaranteed not to get the job if you don't apply!! In other words, if some of you guys are serious about this, then apply. Let Chad and DF decide who's worthy or not.
            "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Vegaman
              We're sorting out the team for the best combination of skills. The ideal person would know all our tech requirements and also be as hardcore as we are with cars. That perfect person likely does not exist.
              This is true of most job applications. They post for the ideal candidate and chose from what's available. I've gotten several postings at work over the years and people ask me how I got it when I didn't meet all the requirements. Simple answer, your guaranteed not to get the job if you don't apply!! In other words, if some of you guys are serious about this, then apply. Let Chad and DF decide who's worthy or not.
              DF has already made it clear that its too much trouble for us canuks to try - its really hard for us to get a green card in the US. Apparently its easy if you are mexican however.

Otherwise I would be all over this like a mopar nut on a $750 hemi car. I would even take the pay cut for a position like this.

Comment

So, you guys get some people yet?

Comment

Yep, we're all hired up as of this week and we're working our brains out.

Comment

Cool - hope you got some good guys (girls)!

Comment

any from here?
                      HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Working...
                      X