Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Note to self....

... that'll keep him quiet, eh? LOL
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

use extendable magnet to reach sockets that drop down in fender, DO NOT, push your arm down in the fender to reach it. As the metal cuts into your arm when you try to extract it!! I was stuck there over a half a hour, bent over, arm stuck, thinking how stupid I was, finally next door neighbor cam to my rescue. Got dish soap, lubed up, slid out. :-[ :-[
      Living the dream!

Comment

Years ago I was wrenching outside in the winter. Hands were cold.
        I had just started a stone cold motor to do some carb-tuning. That's when I went into idiot-mode I guess...

Just after I had started the engine, I got out of the car and walked around the engine-bay waiting for the engine to warm up. Somehow I started wondering how long it would take the castiron-exhaustmanifolds would be to hot to the touch, so asswipe-me pushed a couple of fingertops against a manifold.... :
        Took about 2 seconds before the already intense engine-heat had prenetrated my cold fingers and my obviously cold brain aswell...
        Short story even shorter... the next couple of days I walked around with the manifolds castingnumbers mirrorbranded on my fingers... :D :D
        www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

all i got to say to all of us...heres your sign ;D

Comment

Note to self. Don't chase the dog thru a dark shop right where you just removed a 8 3/4 rear with the leaf springs still attached. The leaf springs are right about where my shins are. I cracked my bone, and landed on my hip. Large by huge bruise. Concrete is HARD!

Comment

Reading these makes me realize Im not alone ;D ;D

Comment

While flying on a C-130 into Rafal Saudi Arabia I had my thumb over the end of my Trusty M-16 Rifle, and the guy next to me plunked his Ruck Sack off onto the top of my thump and slit it wide open. The bad part was, is that I glued it shut with superglue, and to this day I have no scar. And the look on the LT's Face when he thought that I had been Sniped. "Priceless"

Comment

Originally posted by joebogey
                  So I'm over at my brothers helping him put a set of Tahoe seats in his 37 Plymouth (sorry guys but its got a bow-tie drive train). So he's under the car with a wrench, and I'm up top. Side note- me and my bro work together well, but it normally involves a little yelling and a couple thrown tools. So I'm up top holding the wrench on the track and he starts mumbling underneath. After I said "What?" the third time, I hang my head under the car and say "Can you say that in English?" He looks at me and says "I said, stop leaning on the car I can't breath!". Seems when I leaned in the frame was in perfect alignment to compress his sternum since we drove it up on ramps. Oopsie.
                  I had that happen to me in High School Auto Shop. The guy that did it to me had just been zapped by an HEI distributor and we had been laughing at him.... paybacks I suppose.
                  Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                  1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                  1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                  1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                  1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                  1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I couldn't tell you how many times I've tried picked up a part I just welded. Amazing how heavy they are. You can't even lift them off the bench.

As for brake clean in the eyes' if you haven't done that you're not a real car junkie.

My favorite was when I was pulling hard on a ratchet and it slipped off the nut and I smacked myself in the forehead. After the stars went away and I washed the blood off my face(not much meat on your head to absorb the blow),I saw that it left a cut that was an exact copy of a 9/16 socket, round on the outside, hex on the inside.
                    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Pat Ganahl once told me a story of accidentally firing up his truck in the driveway...in gear. It then drove into his VW, which rammed his '32. Three cars on site, three damaged. I may have gotten the car order wrong, but true story.

Also, the Hot Rod shop still has a floor jack with a bent handle thanks to Matt King. He had his Mustang on front jack stands. He fired it up in gear, it drove off the jackstands and rammed the jack into his Firebird that was parked a few feet away, mangling the nose cone and hood.

When I worked at the Dodge dealer, one of the mechanics dropped a crew-cab 4x4 sideways off the lift and onto a Snap-On box.

And when I was in high school, one of the auto shop students dropped the Boy's Dean's new Coupe Deville off a two-post lift. Folded the thing right in half.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                        Pat Ganahl once told me a story of accidentally firing up his truck in the driveway...in gear. It then drove into his VW, which rammed his '32. Three cars on site, three damaged. I may have gotten the car order wrong, but true story.

Also, the Hot Rod shop still has a floor jack with a bent handle thanks to Matt King. He had his Mustang on front jack stands. He fired it up in gear, it drove off the jackstands and rammed the jack into his Firebird that was parked a few feet away, mangling the nose cone and hood.

When I worked at the Dodge dealer, one of the mechanics dropped a crew-cab 4x4 sideways off the lift and onto a Snap-On box.

And when I was in high school, one of the auto shop students dropped the Boy's Dean's new Coupe Deville off a two-post lift. Folded the thing right in half.
                        People hurting themselves is one thing, but I cringed reading about the cars (and the tool box).

Comment

When I was a broke college student living at home my 73 Impala's steering box seal started leaking. Instead of replacing the box; I just got seal kit. With no jack or stands, I parked the drivers side tires up on the curb so I could slide under the car.

When trying to press the new seal I used a half inch drive socket, an extension and a one pound ball peen hammer. While under the car trying to hammer the seal it started raining. No problem I just slid all the way under the car. Then it started raining very hard and the water began to run down the street and into my collar, down my back and into my pants. So I started hammering harder only my thumb got in the way. Wham!! I hit it so hard all I could see was white flashing light. My thumb nail survived, but my thumb was split down both sides and bleeding profusely. I was nearly paralyzed with pain. All I could do was stick my bleeding and throbbing digit into the cold water running down the street which seemed to help a bit.

I wasn't able to hold so much as a pencil in that hand for a month after that.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I stuck my hand in a flex fan once. Luckily I was still young and reflexes were good enough to pull it out after only losing half a fingernail. Plus, it was cold outside so it didn't hurt all that bad with numb hands. I'm just glad I kept all the fingers.

Comment

cheap jack stands suck, especially when you drop a car off them, crushing your headers and denting your oil pan two days before pump gas drags.

when we were doing the elco in november, my buddy got on a creeper and slid back to pull the drive shaft u-bolts, he didnt notice the lip at the edge of my garage and rolled two wheels of the creeper past it,trapping himself between the bottom of the car and floor,(rear end wasnt jacked up) this was a golden opporitunity, he lost quite a bit of hair off his legs before he scrambled farther under the car where i couldnt get to him!

hey, what are friends for?

Comment

I had the Blade holder on my Jig Saw fall apart, when i came off The Jig Saw jumped and the part that goes up and down came down on my thumb, I actually laughed at myself for being F'd up.

Comment

Working...
                                X