2010 Camaro revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Camaro revealed

Leno is chubby with GM, but look at the Toronado he built. I like the Camaro, but wish is was less plastic looking, with more bumps and bulges.
    sigpic

Comment

Is that the new "El Camino" (Holden) on the front of that car hauler?

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger

HOWEVER, GM has some BITCHIN stuff coming for Camaros. GMPP is on it.

??????????????

does the cat care to spit out the canary?

Comment

The platform is still Monaro base, everything on the front suspension should be identicle to the gto with the rear track being widened and a coilover type strut setup for the irs in the back to help the wheel hop problems of the old rear suspension. The R&P is still tiny and weak. So unless they over a solid axle drag pack for this thing, its not going to hold up well at the dragstrip. This info is from a very reliable source

Comment

Saw this one in person.

Sorry guys, it's a fake. It's actually an 04 GTO that got rebodied in fiberglass. Even the wheels, brake discs and wipers are fake. It's the actual car from the "TransFormers". The reason the hood is open is because it had a major battery drain and they had to start it every hour to keep it from dying. There's a filthy stock LS1 under there.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Ever notice that only Chrysler can make a production car look just like the concept car?

They seem to make it look right then stay with it.
              HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Originally posted by biginch

??????????????

does the cat care to spit out the canary?
                No can do. But it's good.

Comment

I like the concept camaro. The one in these pictures doesn't look quite right to me. Looks more dodge than chevy. Not that that's a bad thing.
                  Anyone know what they're saying base price is going to be on one of these now? And are they going to offer a no-frills model for the kids (or people who just generally can't or don't want to spend $40,000 on a new car)?

Comment

I don't know man. I'm not "feelin" it. I'm a big fan of 1st gen Camaros. I used to collect and restore those. I've owned about 150-200 of them (photos in my box of most). Even had 4 matching # 69 Z's at once. Also, an L-89 4-speed 69 Rag top. Anyway, Im a big GM fan, and sad to say GM can't find their ass with both hands on this one. I'm not crazy about Ford or Mopar, but, the new Mustang, and Challengers are just stunning! The new Camaro's reminiscent of that piece of shit GTO from a couple years ago (but a little better). The pearl orange on the one Rebeldriver posted kinda saves it a little though. Also in CC or Hot Rod a few months ago were a few artist's renderings of the new Camaro that looked tasty. More styling cues were exercised from the 60's (69 hideaway headlites for one). In one of those magazines, a few YEARS ago, a kid drew a rendering that was amazing. GM should've hired that kid. Don't get your BVD's in a bunch, this is just an opinion
                    Originally posted by biginch

Comment

Originally posted by Green Junk
                      The platform is still Monaro base, everything on the front suspension should be identicle to the gto with the rear track being widened and a coilover type strut setup for the irs in the back to help the wheel hop problems of the old rear suspension. The R&P is still tiny and weak. So unless they over a solid axle drag pack for this thing, its not going to hold up well at the dragstrip. This info is from a very reliable source
                      Nope. The Monaro/GTO was on a different platform, the same platform as the VT, VX, VY & VZ Commodores.

The new Camaro is on the "Zeta" platform which is the current VE Commodore down here. A completely redesigned car even though the sheet metal bears resemblence.

http://www.chevron.com.au/motorsport...lion$baby.html

Comment

Ever notice that only Chrysler can make a production car look just like the concept car?
                        I wonder if it has anything to do with Lutz? Who just happens to be at GM now...
                        There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

That steering wheel looks like --- though. The stitching looks a bit cheezy.

Comment

I wonder what shade of red they will have available? ;D ;D

Comment

I don't know about you guys. But, I'd like to see a simple, carbureted version of some new car that looks like one of our favorite older cars. No computer or electronics, nothing. I kinda miss the fact that I never bought a new car and kept it. BUT, I wouldn't have any interest in keeping something I couldn't work on or understand myself. So, a new Mustang/Camaro(if they get it "right")/Challenger that looked like 69-70 when you pop the hood? Literally. Just every nut and bolt reckognizable and accessable. No insane wiring harness under hood OR dash, etc.

Comment

Any want to sell me a nice '69 cheap so you can make a down payment on one of those?

Comment

Working...
                                X