Anyone else have a lowered pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone else have a lowered pickup?

Nice Trucks, been thinking about doing one someday. Especially living in Tennesseeeee.

Comment

Originally posted by ford141

Even though I'm a Ford guy, I have a soft spot for those early 60s Chevys. Love the lines, and they look awesome lowered on a clean set of wheels. Sweet truck!
      Thanks for the comments! I really appreciate it. Those are good pics because you can't see all the paint chips and bondo cracks that go along with a 20 year old restoration. It looks great from the road,but it's really starting to need a little work. The wheels and tires and engine are new though.

I've always loved trucks like mine too. My grandpa had one,and my paint and body man had one also. I loved both of trucks dearly and I had to have one for myself. It was my first vehicle too!

There are some cool trucks in this thread!

Hey VT Junk,is that deuce beside your truck painted Royal Plum?

Comment

I don't know who's car it was, but it was nice. Looks like plum doesn't it?

Comment

lowered 4x4 87 s10 blazer 95 camaro wheels-tires no front diff daily driver no pics I KNOW useless with out pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK
            I didn't cut the springs, they are made that way. I wanted the truck to sit lower, but not too low. I think they are from Classic Industries.
            o.k.
            how it ride.. does it hit the bump stops alot??
            thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MentalMuffinMan
              I didn't cut the springs, they are made that way. I wanted the truck to sit lower, but not too low. I think they are from Classic Industries.
              o.k.
              thanks
              The truck rides nice, absolutely no complaints there, but if I was to do it over, I'd maybe do a 2" spindle drop with a 1" spring because it does hit the bump stops occasionally if the road is really rough or if you hit a pothole, but I need new shocks too, so that may be part of it. I have BellTech shocks and I was never impressed with them. I don't have any swaybars on it, so it does lean over in the corners more than I'd like. I keep telling myself I'm going to quit racing it, change a few things and just drive it again, but it's fun having something that looks like just a clean old truck then you pull 12's out of it.

Comment

o.k.
                thanks
                The truck rides nice, absolutely no complaints there, but if I was to do it over, I'd maybe do a 2" spindle drop with a 1" spring because it does hit the bump stops occasionally if the road is really rough or if you hit a pothole, but I need new shocks too, so that may be part of it. I have BellTech shocks and I was never impressed with them. I don't have any swaybars on it, so it does lean over in the corners more than I'd like. I keep telling myself I'm going to quit racing it, change a few things and just drive it again, but it's fun having something that looks like just a clean old truck then you pull 12's out of it.
                THANKS

Comment

o.k.
                  thanks
                  My truck had BellTech shocks on it and it was slamming the bump stops all the time. It has Doestch Tech shocks on it now-FAR better. The ride is firm, but comfortable and it takes a pretty good sized pothole for it to hit the stops. Great people to deal with too.

There's some really sweet haulers in this thread-color me impressed. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr4Speed

My truck had BellTech shocks on it and it was slamming the bump stops all the time. It has Doestch Tech shocks on it now-FAR better. The ride is firm, but comfortable and it takes a pretty good sized pothole for it to hit the stops. Great people to deal with too.

I have Doestch Tech shocks on my truck,and they ride very well. To be honest,the truck rode kinda firm on my old 265/50/15 T/A's. When I went to the 40 series Hankooks Ventus Sports the ride got so much better it's unreal. I thought it would've been the other way around!

Comment

Originally posted by AllenK

I have Doestch Tech shocks on my truck,and they ride very well. To be honest,the truck rode kinda firm on my old 265/50/15 T/A's. When I went to the 40 series Hankooks Ventus Sports the ride got so much better it's unreal. I thought it would've been the other way around!
                      Weird-mine rode like a dump truck with 20" Ventus Sports on it. It's got big squishy cheap 235/75/15's on it now.

Comment

Originally posted by AllenK

Weird-mine rode like a dump truck with 20" Ventus Sports on it. It's got big squishy cheap 235/75/15's on it now.
                        I can't explain it either,but it's true! I've even had back trouble since I had the 265/50/15,and the truck doesn't hurt me at all to ride in now.

Comment

2" / 4" front/rear drop kit from Early Classic Enterprises
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Here is my truck bagged 454 with twin rx7 turbos on it ( its not bad fun)
                              There are no substiutes for cubic inches[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

did you see the article in Hot Rod about the Aluminator Mustangs ? 1000HP on pump gas - turbos mounted down by the trans. pretty wild stuff too - yours looks sweet too -
                                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                                X