More Brett Stevens fallout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Brett Stevens fallout

looks like ANDRA is doing the right thing to me http://www.andra.com.au/article.asp?Id=1605

Re: More Brett Stevens fallout

I agree.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I have no respect for the maggot if convicted, but to ignore records that were set within the racing rules sounds stupid.
      If he travelled at those speeds, then he travelled at those speeds.
      Pity about his drug issues, but they are records, they happened, they exist, they are history, they are a fact.

If the cars were set up underweight, or whatever, then sure, delete them, but they weren't. There is no proof of that and that is not the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutSteve
        I have no respect for the maggot if convicted, but to ignore records that were set within the racing rules sounds stupid.
        Pity about his drug issues, but they are records, they happened, they exist, they are history, they are a fact.

If the cars were set up underweight, or whatever, then sure, delete them, but they weren't. There is no proof of that and that is not the issue.
        But if he set those records with money obtained illegally put towards the car, would that not give him an unfair advantage.
        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z

But if he set those records with money obtained illegally put towards the car, would that not give him an unfair advantage.
          I don't agree with this point of view at all. What's unfair about having money? Lots of people have money, and it's only one of many factors in winning and setting records. Besides, the illegality of various substances is merely a matter of place and time, and often, if not always, politically motivated. His racing achievements are completely independent of his legal issues, and should be viewed as such.
          President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z

Unfair advantage.. sure.. What if he had a filthy-rich uncle instead? That's unfair.
            .and who's to say that any drug money financed those records in th first place.
            I see those records as reality, a fact of life and something that happened. I'm not pretending they didn't happen because it's politically correct and makes me feel better.

There was a boxer who once said that the "Yanks had it coming to them" in relation to the Sept 11 attacks. OK, that's his opinion.. not everyone agrees, but so what. The boxing association removed his title/s from him because they didn't like what he said.
            Now, what the hell has voicing that opinion got to do with boxing?
            (Just a real example. Please let's NOT discuss that opinion! )

I just think it's a petty knee-jerk reaction of these associations who may be doing these things in order to save face and to show the public their stance and disassociation, but go too far and stick their heads in the sand where life might be nicer for them.

Comment

Too early for opinions and record cancellations anyway..

http://dragster.com.au/modules/news/...p?storyid=1877

Comment

Amazing. There is absolutely no rational relation between his alleged crimes and racing... I feel for him, he's already tried, convicted and sentenced by the drag racing body..... what a bunch of jerks.
                I just wonder how many on that voting board could stand up to the same scrutiny they've given him.

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I have a grand idea why don't they wait and see if he is convicted before pronouncing him guilty. What if he's found Innocent . They have already dragged his name through the mud. He hasn't been convicted of anything yet. Its pretty much guilty until proven innocent anymore. >

Comment

Hell the Kennedy's were Moonshiners during the Probition. Who cares where the Money came from, there are so many other ways to cheat (And they do). It's what you do with what you have is the key.

Comment

Anything gained through ill-gotten funds should be taken away. Particularily when there's drugs involved.

That includes racing records.

Comment

junior johnson ran illegal whiskey during the week and raced on the weekends
                        he is the f---ing last American hero
                        we will add brett to my hall of fame
                        junior pastrana
                        john z delorean
                        eric reed
                        gary balough
                        kenny weld

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                          junior johnson ran illegal whiskey during the week and raced on the weekends
                          he is the f---ing last American hero
                          My wife's father distilled and ran illegal whiskey.

He died under the wheels of a semi while driving drunk.

Ain't nothing romantic about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Not A Duster
                            Anything gained through ill-gotten funds should be taken away. Particularily when there's drugs involved.

That includes racing records.
                            What if something nasty was found about Eddie Hill.. Does that mean he is no longer the first in the 4s? No, he will always be the first in the 4s. That's history. That happened.
                            Maybe take his trophies, but the facts still stands.

I love Eddie Hill (-in a non-gay way! :P)

Comment

I'm going to side with Steve on this one but I'm somewhat conflicted.

My heart says take it all away because that't my initial gut reaction, but in reality, Stevens was just the meat in the seat making those runs. Taking all his records away punishes his crew just as hard as Stevens and I've not heard anything about crew people being wrapped up in this thing as well. Those guys worked the long hours to get the car to make the big hp, launch correctly, not explode into a million pieces on every lap, etc. Those records are theirs just as much as his and they shouldn't be punished for working for a slimebag (most of them, if not all of them, probably had no idea where the money was coming from, after all they had Jack Daniels sponsorship, so they probably the money was coming from there).

Tough call.

Brian
                              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                              X