Anxiety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anxiety

I can work ost times without a problem. Today, and many days, I can do several things without an issue.
    But sometimes, something will get me and I go a little overboard. You know, swear alot, maybe throw something.. have a tantrum I guess.
    Just not sure if my problem is a big enough deal to seek professional help.

Comment

Between wife #2 and Mary Ellen, I spent 7 1/2 years with a good shrink (and they aren't all equal). It never hurts, and you'll definitely learn something, not only about yourself but about all us humans. One of the things I learned is that anger is a "masking" emotion. When you're angry, you're really afraid. Sometimes, it's easy to understand, like if someone cuts you off on the freeway, you get mad but are really afraid that he could have killed you. Sometimes, it's more subtle. I work daily to ask myself the question when I get angry "OK Dan, what are you afraid of?". Usually, once I can address what's REALLY going on, I can handle the whole thing better. Now, I rarely get mad (partly because I'm retired - fewer stressors).

So don't hesitate to find a good pro to talk to. Be prepared to shop a bit until you find someone you can relate to. And just because a shrink is good for a friend doesn't mean he/she will be good for you - you just have to search.

Best of Luck
      Dan

Comment

When I was building My 29 Ford Woody, I told myself to do at least 2 things to the Car Everyday That I could. That's over 700 little things I got finished that I did not have to do at the last minute to go for a ride. Try to figure out 700 things that you could do to a Car right now and see what you accomplish. You might even have the Car running.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordplay0621

Try to figure out 700 things

that you could do to a Car right now

DUDE!! :o 700 things todotoavehiclerightnow!! :o

That's just wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much PRESSURE!! :o

Comment

Keith,

Tell Bruce we said hello as well.

I tend to be the guy that doesn't get worked up about stuff until one little snapping point. It takes a long time to get there though. Like right now, I'm pretty good even though we are thrashing to get stuff ready for MPMC and it's after 1 am. Daphne won't see me until tomorrow, and I woke up at 5:40 this morning so 24 hours HERE I COME.
            "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Last summer, I put myself under way too much pressure. I would wake up and after a few seconds panic and fear set in
              Not a nice way to feel. The last time I felt that nervous and stressed was when I used to drink ( 11 yrs ago)
              I am not making any deadlines for my project this year. The automotive industry is down so I am not going to get caught again
              When stress hits in a big way, all of the negative things that go with it come out
              Tom

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutSteve
                I can work ost times without a problem. Today, and many days, I can do several things without an issue.
                But sometimes, something will get me and I go a little overboard. You know, swear alot, maybe throw something.. have a tantrum I guess.
                Just not sure if my problem is a big enough deal to seek professional help.
                Steve, try making a list of all that needs to be done to the car. Dont leave anything out no matter how small. Every time you go out and work on it check off what you have accomplished. If something comes up while your out there that is not on the list, write it down too. Everytime you do something to it, check it off the list. You will be supprised what you have accomplished if you keep track of it! Try to work in some of the big items along with the small ones once in a while.

Comment

Working...
                X