Anxiety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anxiety

Trying not to give too much away about myself, but do any of you guys/gals suffer from anxiety attacks?
    I do, and I'm not sure if it brings on a bad temper or that my temper is just another problem that shows up at the same time.

It seems that I get an attack if something isn't going very well, or as it should, and/or I'm running out of time. Particulaly with my restoration.
    I don't really have these issues when at work, although, only when time has been a factor, -but very rarely.

I think it's best to just put tools down and walk away, but I never can.
    Anyway, it's embarrassing and very frustrating to say the least.

Can anyone share any advice or suggestions?

Re: Anxiety

I'm not sure about anxiety, but I do sometimes get kinda pissed at myself when I've been in my garage for some 6 to 8 hours, and at the end of the day have nothing to show for what I have done. Sometimes I just do a 1000 little things which don't make any progress noticable on my cars.
    Although nobody is forcing me and there's absolutely no deadline on getting my projects done ofcourse, I still feel like I wasted a good day or weekend when this happens. And that gets to me sometimes.
    I guess it's because my free time is limited and I just want to get as much done as possible in that time. Is this Self-Induced Stress?? ;)
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar
      Is this Self-Induced Stress?? ;)
      I'm not sure. What do you mean by Self-Induced?

Oh, and the time issue is more to do with my time off to work on the car running out, as opposed to the car having a dead-line to be completed.

Comment

I told Tonya I'd get the 32 running for her and we'd go to this car show my buddy puts on once a year.... it was yesterday... and the 32 is in the trailer .. just like I brought it home from the muffler shop... with a bad ring gear on the fly wheel...

Instead of getting pissy with it all night Friday night... fighting to put a ring gear on in the middle of Saturday morning and stuffing it all back in the car ... just to make a half ass attempt at driving this thing there.... I left it in the trailer... wiped off the 550 Honda... froze my ass off... and had a Great time....

Bruce Says.... HEY CHAD....

Keith

Comment

Steve,
          That's exactly what I ment to say, I know I'm sometimes putting myself in a position that I want to get a project-car running 'as soon as possible', so I can enjoy it the next cruising-season.
          So everytime when I find myself 'slacking around' in the garage or things don't go as I planned or hoped, I get a little pissed at myself because I've 'wasted' another day off.
          So with Self induced stress I mean, in realilty there is no stress due to deadlines or anything... just self-imposed virtual goals.
          www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutSteve
            Trying not to give too much away about myself, but do any of you guys/gals suffer from anxiety attacks?
            I do, and I'm not sure if it brings on a bad temper or that my temper is just another problem that shows up at the same time.

It's funny you should say that b/c I'm having a really bad weekend myself... I feel like I can do what ever I want and when things don't go how I want them I have a hard time dealing with it and understanding what I could have done better.

Comment

I sometimes do the same thing, piddling around just getting lots of little things done (still progress though), but without any real outcome to show for the time invested.

I think this comes from not having any set plan or goals & objectives. If I don't have a priority list of tasks to accomplish, my efforts seem to be unfocused and all over the place.
              That is when my feeling of accomplishment is missing. I need self-fulfilment to be happy.

... my .02 worth

Comment

It seems that I get an attack if something isn't going very well, or as it should, and/or I'm running out of time. Particulaly with my restoration.
                I don't really have these issues when at work, although, only when time has been a factor, -but very rarely.

I think it's best to just put tools down and walk away, but I never can.

Steve I have had panic attacks since I was 18 years old (I'm 50 now). Yeah it sucks, but the good news is nobody ever dies from an anxiety attack. Just got to roll with the punches man, and talk yourself down. Don't worry about the embarrasment. Who cares what others think. I know all kinds of tricks about them. PM me if you want, and I'll share.

Comment

only when she says "you need to come over, i have something to tell you............"

Comment

Work on short term goals instead of long term,yeah i shoild practice what i preach but COLD weater sucks.

Comment

I don't but my sister does. She takes a pill for it. I think I remember her telling me it's a chemical imbalance. My sister is short temptered all the time, raises her voice (yells), most (including me) would call it being a bitch. She doesn't have very many friends cuz of it. I don't even care being around her although I do for the sake of my nephew so he can see how a normal person lives/handles themselves.

My I suggest talking to your doctor and having a complete physical.

Comment

No Attacks here,
                        But, I have crushed a Model that the Wheels would'nt stay glued on .

Comment

You have a PM.
                          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

If you really think its a problem, go talk to your doctor.
                            A friend at work get anxiety and panic attacks. When he takes his meds he's fine but then he think he needs them and stops. He's missed work, missed races, had to come home early from vacation.

It's not like he can just stop what he's doing until he calms down. Sometimes he won't leave the house. A couple times he had to drive home from work telling himself he wasn't having a heart attack.

It's a terrible thing, but the pills seem to help.
                            Cognizant Dissident

Comment

I don't quite know if it is an anxiety attack, but sometimes when I'm working on the car, my hands start to shake, and I just gotta leave the car for a bit. Get some air, a drink or something. Come back later.

Ryan
                              Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
                              www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X