Turk: Genius idea for 2008!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turk: Genius idea for 2008!

Here's a a really good idea for rainouts and oil-downs! Run some bicycles...human power only...four classes:
    Under 35 years old single speed
    Over 35 years old single speed
    Under 35 years old multiple speed
    Over 35 years old multiple speed

It's not like it would slow down the program if there was an oildown anyway. Plus you could start them 30 seconds apart so there would be multiple bikes on the track at the same time. I doubt they'd ever hit the traps at the same time that way, and it would go faster.

You love Lance Armstrong...perhaps you could set a new standing-mile goal in the bike world and you can meet him.

Now that I think of it, you could also have a minibike class that could safely run in the rain or wind or during an oildown. Rules: single-cylinder only, flathead only, pullstart only, chain-drive only, single-speed only, 87-octane gasoline only, plus make a maximum wheelbase (I'd have to do some measuring to see what that would be) and a maximum tire diameter.

Re: Turk: Genius idea for 2008!

This sounds like a Friday deal .... I'm thinking the guy chugging down the course running over the peope shuffling thier feet in oil dry... well that wouldn't work so well... and what's that worthless guy doing riding a Mini bike when he should be helping with Clean up?

No Friday would be Cool as hell... and you know I'm into the Mini bike idea.... hmmm

K

Comment

Man I know I am in the right place!

Comment

I think especially a bicyclist could easily avoid guys doing oil cleanup...then again, oil cleanup is usually IN the timing traps, which presents a problem. Or you could just not let the Waddels or Matys run any more so you wouldn't have oil clean problems.

(love you guys...really...just couldn't resist)

Comment

and SOMETIMES... the truth just happens to be FUNNY.... LOL

Comment

If you do the minibike class, which you HAVE to, can CJTV be the title sponsor? Man, we could bring one out as carry-on luggage!

Comment

Sure.... matter of fact... we could do this for 2 hrs Friday evening... and if it gets to busy we'll just like you guys up like 5 wide... and let the first one to the finish get the time... the rest would be losers....

K

Comment

Five-wide mile-long drags!!! Perfect.

But if two or three entered the traps at the same time, would the clocks just grab the first one to go through, or would it mess up?

Comment

have to ask Joe... but I think it grabs the first one...

Easy rule though... all you do is say if your not leading at " X SPOT" then you lose and if you continue through the traps you are immediately disqualified by the tower and sent to our new Penalty box...

Keith

Comment

That would be cool.

The rules should also state that the seat and the driver's butt must be located at a point above the topmost part of the cylinder head. That and the wheelbase rule prevents you from getting into any funky laydown stuff. You want traditional minibikes.

Comment

Since it's about having fun and NOT wanting 50mph bikes... we could do just that.... put a picture up of say that Taco for example and limit anything to that style... with a BS sniffer to catch the occasional Yahoo that would want to add Nitrous or pressurized Fuel... LOL

Comment

Limiting speed is why I put in the flathead, single-cylinder, single-speed, 87-octane rules. I'm thinking they can still do 75. Perhaps put in a spec Briggs 5 hp or something, no Blockzillas.

Comment

No aftermarket parts at all.... hmmm or at least not on the motor itself.... Bars would have to be a minimum height above the ground... say average 10 bikes and make it 4" lower then the average... or lowest... but generally to keep them sorta stock frame unless they want to run the Real bike class... in which case I'll create a class for them and let them run with the rest of us...

K

Comment

Nah, the heads-up aspect of it makes it even cooler. Plus you can fit in more rounds that way. You'd probably get few enough bikes that you could just announce that you're gonna run them once Friday night and once Saturday at, say, right after the lunch break. Be there ready to go or you lose. It wouldn't take more than 10 minutes out of the program.

I'm figuring that racers who are there anyway with a car would bring a bike to run for fun. All of a sudden you'd have some really great pit bikes.

But you GOTTA allow some engine hop-ups. Too hard to tech otherwise, plus not as much fun. Just mandate a stock B&S or Tecumseh head and case and the cheap gas and they can't get TOO out of control.

Comment

Something to play with.... Time to crash... it's been a long day.... the 32 is ready to lose it's motor... everything but pumping on the handle to make it go up... just kind of ran out of steam... and wanted to be fresh around the paint...

K

Comment

Working...
                              X