Roger that!! ---

How about a couple dozen!! 8)

Comment

Re: Old Car magazines

Balz was Pat Cunningham, ad salesman

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte
        Seymore Balz, Yeah he tested the new cars and went "on location" . Man, we need a guy like him in the Automotive press today. The Javelin article is actually reprinted in the new book Muscle Car Confidential. Its from the original editor of High performance cars magizine (also NY based) they actually street raced the test cars. Try that today, some crap lawyer would be drooling at the mouth.
        Cliff Gromer Editor of Mopar Action is a long time New York automotive writer. Mopar Action always has wacky pen names. I doubt it's a coincidence.

Was Super Street Cars a Royal Magnum publication?

I'm looking at a Nov '70 issue of Hi Performance Cars right now. 454 Baldwin/Motion ad, Speedwin Eng ad, Big Willie Robinson American Rim ad....

The letters to the editor section is titled, "You're Asking?... I'm Telling! by Dilbert Horatio Farb" :D And here's an exerpt, "..from the super-stupid answers you give in you two-cent column I doubt you can walk straight" His reply, "Thanks for the compliments..."

Comment

I like the list of famous GUESTS in this thread.... ;D ;D ;D
          President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte
            I was reading a 1969 issue of Super street cars just now. Its one of the smaller mags from years ago and was published right here in NY with local shops and cars and action. I have a collection of these mags from amny years ago (local NY car stuff) and I really like them. What I have noticed through the years of reading these is they are brutally honest. If stuff is crap they say it, be it a car a part or some personality. Why the hell does everything have to be so sugar coated today.
            "well it didnt work good for us but it will work for somebody" or "we didnt find that result but since the MFG says it, it must be true". What a load. As much as some dont care for the internet at least we can call these jokers out for shit that isnt true and the whole world finds out about it.
            Hey man. I collect Drag type magazines from the 60's, and love the east coast stuff, which is what I cut my teeth on being a kid in Brooklyn through 1969. If you ever consider selling some of those, or are lucky enough to have doubles, PLEASE PM me? Thanks much
            http://
            STUGOTS

Comment

VERY impressive,"G"! You are indeed 'Hardcore' Sir ;). I,too like the East-Coast Magz....West-Coast stuff is a 'tad' overated. And OVERDONE :P! ~J/W-OO6.

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Whisperer
                VERY impressive,"G"! You are indeed 'Hardcore' Sir ;). I,too like the East-Coast Magz....West-Coast stuff is a 'tad' overated. And OVERDONE :P! ~J/W-OO6.
                Be careful

Comment

Working...
                X