Indoor car shows, yes or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor car shows, yes or no?

With the onslaught of winter, and therefore the indoor car show season, this question came to me. Personally I don't care for indoor shows all the much with the exception of the Oakland Roadster Show (which it will always be to me no matter where it's held), and the Detroit Autorama. Don't get me wrong, I have been to lots of them. But I don't really dig them.

Do you?

If yes, list your favorites.
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Re: Indoor car shows, yes or no?

The ones close to my home are not very good. But still a nice escape in the middle of winter.
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Does it matter? As long as there are cars who cares. Oh, if you throw in a few hot women its even better.
      OH YEAH
      Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

any car show is a good car show (if there are cars I like)
        but I've never been to one
        Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Not a big fan of trailer queens. Trailer queens seem to be the majority of the cars at the indoor shows that I have attended. I have only attended a couple of indoor shows for this reason.
          1964 Chevelle
          Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
          LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

The only one around here was World of Wheels. I think last year was the last one due to low turn out caused by high admission and parking fees and the bottom falling out of the economy.
            Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Detroit Autorama.....It is a great show. One of the few I attend. My son is already asking when we are going.

Seth
              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Detroit Autorama. I like car shows regardless of where they are held

Comment

I'm from the Minneapolis, Mn area. Went to the Chicago WOWheels last month as we were in town that weekend. Decent show, as had never seen 99% of the cars before. Also went to the St.Paul one. Going to so many local shows all summer, I had seen many of the cars at this one. Still, it helps the need for a fix...
                  Jim T
                  Supercar Collectibles
                  www.Supercar1.com

Comment

A partner and I were going to put on an indoor nostalgia and race show here in Atlanta this winter--period correct hot rods up to '64, restored drag cars up thru the early '70s (Pro Stock and Funny)... cars like that. Sort of a throw-back show to the indoor shows of the '60s.

Funding being what it is these days, we had to postpone it until next year.

-Brad

Comment

Grand National Roadster show ( Oakland Roadster Show which ever the " proper " name is ) is the only indoor I have liked.

Comment

Here in Phoenix during the summer time indoors is much nicer than outdoors. To me a car show's a car show, line them up and lets check them out. Hell last show I went to was on a driving range if a golf course. And we have quite a few show's in parking lots around town on the weekends.

Here's a link if you ever find your way to Phoenix, maybe you can do it around one of the events.

Comment

I used to go to world of wheels, in Tucson, but it got pretty bad 15 years ago, so I didn't go so much after that. Never been to any other indoor shows, we have outdoor shows year round here (like Alex says). In the summer there aren't many shows, but night cruises are fun.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by dagenesta
                            The ones close to my home are not very good. But still a nice escape in the middle of winter.
                            Same problem here. Most of the cars at the shows here I either know the owner or I have done somthing to. I would enjoy a show more if there was cars I have never seen there before.

Comment

I like them. I like drivers but trailer queens have their place...and an indoor show is it. We don't have to worry about winter here its february and I went to a show last night and going to one tomorrow and one on saturday morning......the desert southwest rules sometimes

Comment

Working...
                              X