Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're Back!!! And bigger and better than ever before!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#4 the like tab is dead

Comment

#5 quote tab is not quoting the post you clicked the QUOTE tab in..

Comment

#6 sticky's are not a different color to tell they are not new threads..

Comment

good luck.. I'll try back at 2am

Comment

• RockJustRock
            RockJustRock commented
            Editing a comment
            #7 Change your Avatar again. It makes it look like you are enjoying this....

• NewEnglandRaceFan
            NewEnglandRaceFan commented
            Editing a comment
            nope changed it before they "upgraded" I don't dare try to change it now..

"Write something..."

ok, first... wow... wth happened here?!

I'm not opposed to changes and I know upgrades are usually necessary at times. They can also be very useful, as long as functions are actually upgraded/added and not just changed or rearranged.
          For the moment, to me as a Mac-user, the forums look like a 'Vista'-upgrade...

- Post sorting?
          I don't want the newest posts on page1 of a thread. Can't find the setting anymore. Forum-settings seem to have been slimmed down considerably.

- Too much useless 'white' (css-padding?) between every item on the screen. Causes the need for having to scroll a lot through a topic for seeing just a few posts. Totally unnecessary.

- No 'New posts'-link in the menu. Sorely missed. It's the only way I browse forums. I don't do through every subforum and look for new topics. I want an overview of the new topics and then choose the ones I want to read. When done reading all the interesting topics I click 'Mark all topics as read'.
          - The results of the 'Latest Activity'-link/tab with topic-previews is, as before annoyingly 'long'. Vbulletin missed the board completely with that imo.
          - Auto subscribe to topics posted in... Hate that. If I want to see the topics I posted in again after a while I look them up through the link in my profile-page... (But I
          - Menu links need a Home-button and the Forum-button fixed.
          - My current signature doesn't seem to work anymore. Confirming it also gives an error.

I know first hand how much work it is to install an upgrade and new website- and forum-template. Specially on a live site and with the pressure to get/keep it online fast/long as possible. Good luck wished to all getting this thing properly on the rails again.
          But personally if I were you guys, I would first do my very best to first try to mimmick the old forumtemplate so you don't scare off too many folks because of this major change in looks and function.

EDIT: I see the apostrof-bug is still present in this version.
          Last edited by BigBlockMopar; March 1, 2014, 03:01 PM. Reason: Apostrof Bug still present
          www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
            good luck.. I'll try back at 2am
            I'll try back in April, when I have to try to contact Big Dave and the other folks on the Spring Blooms Tour. Maybe it'll all be fixed by then.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Works for me.
              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Route2 View Post
                You have two options to add a pic to a post. You can ad attachment just like before by clicking on the attachment icon on the right of the post box

or you can add a photo using the camera icon on the top left.

The camera builds a photo album for you on the site. this way you can go back and attach these pics to other posts if you ever want. It also allows other members to "browse" your photos in you profile.
                Great. Let's make it more complicated for the user of the forum.

So far, this change is falling into one of two categories:

1. Let's fix what isn't broken or complicated to get neato tools the end user doesn't want and can't figure out how to use.
                2. Let's change things to make us the administrators to have an easier time working on it and ignore the user needs.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• NewEnglandRaceFan
                  Editing a comment
                  wait till you comment on a post in a thread.. like a project thread and it's a few pages back as the comment stays up with the post you commented on.. totally out of order.. and the post will never be seen..

Elvis Costello:

I used to be disgusted, But now I'm just amused......

All the "Like" functions are so silly. If a TOPIC goes thousands on posts or pages isn't that ENOUGH evidence of "Like"?
                My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• RockJustRock
                  RockJustRock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This comment thing IS like FaceBook.

• RockJustRock
                  RockJustRock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And why is NOBODY taking advantage of the "add smilie" button?

• NewEnglandRaceFan
                  Editing a comment
                  BUT THAT DOESN'T ADD TO THE "LIKES ON FACEBOOK" gotta have that

I just quoted you....using the "quote" button...it works
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I C

Comment

WOW ..what a gigantic mess this is
                    sigpic

Comment

• NewEnglandRaceFan
                      Editing a comment
                      I'd like your post but it won't let me..

And fer chrissake delete the signature font sticky now that they are defunct!

Comment

• RockJustRock
                      RockJustRock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Will the "newbie" sticky EVER see another post?

• RockJustRock
                      RockJustRock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No Smilies in Comments? Awwww shuckey darn!

• NewEnglandRaceFan
                      Editing a comment
                      what no sig.. WTF

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                    WOW ..what a gigantic mess this is
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^ that look like your post JIM

Comment

just commented on a post on page 1.. is anyone going to read it when they are now on page 6... nope.. and neither will they in threads.. post will be lost... might as well "AXE" the comment "tab" as it'll be useless.. as no one will ever see the comment unless they reread the whole thread from the start

Comment

• RockJustRock
                        RockJustRock commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I dunno, I kinda enjoy the comment tab. Good comic effect!

• RockJustRock
                        RockJustRock commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I mean if the posts are now gigantic word balloons from our avatars why not stay full funnybook?

• RockJustRock
                        RockJustRock commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Beetlejuice designed this forum upgrade. Like The Exorcist it gets funnier every time I use it!
                    Working...
                    X