Holy sh*t DST this weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy sh*t DST this weekend.

Can you believe it? Just when I enjoyed driving to work in daylight. Well back to driving in the dark for a few months longer.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

One less hour of thrash time for the guys at Bakersfield.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Luckily we don't observe that here in AZ.

The Green Machine.
      http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Yes!
        I really dislike the winter... is it DST or standard time? Anyway, I like what it's ABOUT to be, because I don't like it being dark right after I get off work. I like it staying light longer, so I can get more stuff done.

I wish more states didn't observe DST. It's frustrating.

I researched it once. It's about saving energy... and apparently it works - or used to. Thousands of barrels of oil were saved by simply changing the clocks an hour. Nowadays with digital programmable thermostats, my house doesn't care when the sun goes up and down - it's only ME that suffers.

Comment

I'm a big fan of DST. My sleep patterns have been ready for it for the last three weeks. Falling asleep at 8pm and waking up at 4:00am on my days off is ridiculous. At least it'll put me back to 9pm and 5am like my sleep schedule during the work week.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I don't accomplish anything in the morning anyway, I'd rather it stay light after I get home. I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

pointless...So glad I don't have to deal with it here..
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I used to think it was a great idea. But, I go to work at 6 in the morning and I really miss watching the sun come up.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                  I used to think it was a great idea. But, I go to work at 6 in the morning and I really miss watching the sun come up.

My morning drive it due east for the last few weeks my eyes have been burning, now that the sun is higher in the sky before I leave its not so bad, back it up anouther hour I will get to enjoy the burning again. I hate DST leave it like the summer hours. You like watching the sun come up?
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                  1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                    I hate DST leave it like the summer hours. You like watching the sun come up?
                    The summer hours are DST. If they stayed with DST in the winter, we'd be putting kids on the school bus in the dark (some say that's not safe), If we stayed with "standard time" (winter time) during the summer, the sun would come up at about 4:30 a.m. in June in much of the US.

I like summer. I hate winter. Clock settings won't change that.

BTW, why is it that car makers don't include +/- time zone buttons on car clocks that would make it easier to travel (and "Spring forward . . . fall back" for the change between daylight savings time and standard time)?

Happy Motoring!

Comment

Too COLD !!!

Comment

Another reason to live in AZ

Comment

Why "save" daylight when its 110 degrees at 2100 hrs. . . .

Besides, the "undocumented workers" want "el Sol" to go down early for "run from the border" sneaks . . . .

New AZ state motto . . .

ARIZONA : Because we're too lazy for Daylight Savings Time . . . .

Comment

Working...
                          X