XenForo might be better than this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XenForo might be better than this?

reading up on vBulletin 5, the consensus is that it sucks. Bad. How about moving to XenForo?
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

I dont care for this much, it's choppy, its not as easy to navigate than the old one...I will hang out and hope that it gets better...but I aint gonna hold my breath. I hope it doesnt go Hot Rod on us...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

nice find.. the story about XenForo is interesting, at wikipedia.
      I get way uptight over fractal geometry in anything, vbulletin has hints of this all over the place...

the original engineers left already...to XenForo.

Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I'm guessing the v5 Bulletin forum is supposed to intergrate the Blog comments into the forum, but the forum needs to be fixed before anyone would care about that. At this rate, the Admin Blog posts will push 90% of the Drag Week board threads past the 20 pages we can dig up.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Maybe we should start a contribution pool, you know, donate $ for a decent format? If that's what it takes, I'll kick in some....
          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

i'll toss a fiver in the hat....
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Mildly interesting that in IT geeksville, they've debated the vBulletin versus XenForo lawsuit settlement . . . .http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/s...cade3&t=101489

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                Maybe we should start a contribution pool, you know, donate $ for a decent format? If that's what it takes, I'll kick in some....

I'd throw money in for results and improved function.

(I tried to quote both Stiney and Joe, and though the "Quote is in red under each of their posts I only get one showing up in the reply box.....)

Comment

I agree, this is not as good... Hope this place doesnt go Hot Rod on us....
                  Local person
                  sigpic

Comment

How about phpBB forums? http://www.phpbb.com
                    It's free, mostly easy to modify, opensource, large userbase, active main-forum with plenty of users and tech-guys for resolving issues one might have.
                    I've installed, modified and been running about 5 different phpBB-forums myself for over 10 years without much issues.

I've also never understood why peeple would want to pay money for this 'unmanaged' vBulletin forumsoftware, which still seems to be highly susceptible to hackers and spammers.

The amount of issues this forumsoftware version still has is ridiculous.
                    Recalling how the previous forumsoftware's issues got resolved (barely, or mostly not), I don't see the geeks getting this forum working "good" again in a timely manner. (think apostrophe bug, postsorting, avatars, uploads, smilies, favicon, new topics-link and such)

I do however still wonder a bit if they just chose the wrong forumtheme to start out with, like I mentioned in another topic. Besides the forumfunctions lacking, this theme seems to be some cause of it aswell.

I used to have the BS-forum bookmarked with the New Topics-link as the actual bookmark. I used to check BS a few times during the day and evening.
                    But since that function is gone now I'm missing out on a lot of new topics in the other forums.
                    These days I only check around if something obvious has changed for the better.

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I miss the old CarJunkieTV forum software. Let you modify the thread titles with out screwing up the thread link (which was good fun as projects progressed!), easily change your name if you saw fit, the PM system was in thread format so easier to find conversations or specific messages with someone, The recent post link showed posts rather than topics, (though admittedly I've gotten used to the topic setup and get that it works better for number of page views), etc. The big advantages I saw with the vBulletin upgrade was the photo hosting and video embedding and I don't use much of either personally but I know a ton of people like those two features alone.

Comment

• 38P
                        38P commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I just heard a rumor they're going to rename this forum Car FLUNKie . . . to better match the name to the new software's performance , , , ,

Price of Progress is TROUBLE

Comment

Reminds me of the time we switched to a new revision of some bad CAD software at work...We literally had to "go back to the drawing boards" for about a month while things got sorted out. It was kind of pathetic as most of the engineers had never used a pencil for design work...Lost a lot of man hours on that revision change.
                        www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                        Bruce K Bridges

Comment

I agree, this is not as good... Hope this place doesnt go Hot Rod on us....
                          Local person
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X