The Scary Six-Stringed Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Scary Six-Stringed Monster

Seeing Squirrell's obtuse praise of the new page....well, yes, it still makes me go blind looking at it. But this post/thread is/was actually an experiment to see if we can post a pic from the hard drive, and it seems to work, before I post it at least. Maybe I'll get back into this family....I've sure missed the family a lot while I boycotted all the techno crud.

The story is, I'm getting back into playing again after years, amped up about the Spring Blooms Tour and the stop in the mountains. And we'll make music. So I'm playing again, the 1978 model round neck steel Dobro. And it's louder than a conventional guitar, by design (Google Dobro history).

So Ken the Cat goes and hides under Unit's legs in the back room while I play. Scared. He'd never heard such a noise until maybe last week. Actually I picked up the guitar when BS went south this past weekend, had to find something else to do.

EDIT: Beagle's convoluted praise. I get my animals messed up.
    Last edited by pdub; March 6, 2014, 04:09 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Fine lookin' Dobro! And I'm really glad that you're playing again. Like ME, you're better than you think you are. Just remember that if you can keep time few in the audience can tell the difference. I faked playing bass on stage and GOT PAID FOR IT, mostly because the thumps were in time though many thumps were the wrong note.

Rock ON!!

Dan

Comment

Dan, your shadowy avatar looks about the right height, but it has hair. What's up with that?
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Cheaper than Bosley! If I had a clue (or the inclination) I'd put a pic in there.

Dan

Comment

Working...
        X