How long have you been a bang shifter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by G-Motive View Post

The last time I was at bike week I got bounced out of the Boothill Saloon.... they say that's not an easy thing to do but it sure did seem easy at the time.

I wished I could find the picture of my Triumph one night about 4am by it's self in front of the Boot Hill Saloon with the street cleaner driving by.
    John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
    Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

• Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post

I wished I could find the picture of my Triumph one night about 4am by it's self in front of the Boot Hill Saloon with the street cleaner driving by.
      I remember the old Boothill when it was down next to the bridge and took a pretty big set of balls just to walk in the door. When they relocated they went all preppy on me.
      Last edited by G-Motive; January 2, 2015, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• Here's the song. This is a speech Keith made at one of the drivers' meetings at one of those land speed things. Maybe it was at Maxton, it was at one of them.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Found it ... Keith took the pic of me on my Harley looking out to Ormond Beach where the North turn used to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
            I hung out with Keith a couple of times. Once when they were working on the LSR Camaro at CJTV. I was wearing my limo driver suit, sitting on the floor of the garage bolting on the air dam.
            That's funny ... We were pitted next to Freiburger & Turk at Loring and Keith had Brian Lohnes on the ground bolting on the air dam.

Comment

• Originally posted by White Monster View Post
              Found it ... Keith took the pic of me on my Harley looking out to Ormond Beach where the North turn used to be.

The last time I was at bike week it was around 03 or 04, it was like night & day compared to back when I was 18.

Comment

That's funny ... We were pitted next to Freiburger & Turk at Loring and Keith had Brian Lohnes on the ground bolting on the air dam.

I don't think Keith likes doing it, so he gets some unsuspecting person to do it.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• The tide can be turned ... I took this one of Keith working on my '63 Nova SS in front of his shop (that's the Car Craft Disco Nova in the background).

Comment

• Knowing Keith, it was some kind of test.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• I had run some temporary power wires to run a fan mounted on my dash for Power Tour and he didn't like it, so he re-ran them and loomed them into an existing bundle ... it was Disco Bitchin' !!!

Comment

• First time I met Keith was to help him bolt the grill back on the Disco Nova the day before the CJTV open house. Then he convinced me to go to Bonneville (since I lived so close, was into cars, and am a geologist, what was my excuse for not going?!?!? )

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                          Knowing Keith, it was some kind of test.
                          Keith occasionally works on some really stock junk, too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Turk%20Works.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	996183

Comment

• That looks more like a Tech Inspection at Wilmington Ohio for a Time Only entry ... ha, ha, ha !

Comment

That looks more like a Tech Inspection at Wilmington Ohio for a Time Only entry ... ha, ha, ha !
                              Unit had rubbed the edge of the garage door with Bluebelle. Keith went straight for that like a magnet - "What did you HIT?" He started rubbing on it, the white garage vinyl started peeling right off of the fender, I'd never even given it a decent look. "This will come off of there," says Keith and he kept rubbing on it. Get the camera.

Comment

• I still have my blue CJTV shirt though it's worked its way into the "shop shirt" pile. It has a lot of miles on it.

And I have Keith stories for days - but I won't tell them here.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X