No announcement yet.

How long have you been a bang shifter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long have you been a bang shifter?

I joined when it was Freibuger's Junkyard. Not long after, it became BangShift. How long have you been a Forum Freak?
    58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Been here since the junkyard days! But not nearly as long as I have been a moparts member!
    Last edited by BBR; March 6, 2014, 08:31 PM.
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

my jpin date says 2010, but that's because i did a name change, ( used to be 58yeoman) i joined in 2008.
      58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

Oct 2007.......Join Date got switched up during a change......Freiburger
        helped me get back on.
        Last edited by Monk; March 6, 2014, 07:05 PM.
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
          my jpin date says 2010, but that's because i did a name change, ( used to be 58yeoman) i joined in 2008.
          I remember that
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

since CarJunkieTV
            Charles

Comment

Depends on how you define "Bang Shifter" . . . . I'd say it predates Al Gore's invention of the internet by at least fifteen years . . . .

Comment

Later part of 2008. I think September

Comment

I read Frieberger's farewell column in HRM while standing in the grocery store. A little googling and there I was on CarJunky.tv.

Comment

Car junkie TV refugee.

Comment

pretty sure I joined 2011 trying to get info on dragweek.. it has become my favorite forum.

Comment

Originally posted by 38P View Post
                        Depends on how you define "Bang Shifter" . . . . I'd say it predates Al Gore's invention of the internet by at least fifteen years . . . .
                        Quite similar here..
                        I remember my first go at internet brought FBI. My connection was owned at dial up..
                        but that was 1986.

it happened again in 1998.
                        I was then in the chatroom admin section learning unix servers bound across the world sustaining realtime chat. I volunteered for msn chatrooms, later, was an admin there too.

wanted my own forum, car related, and the net simply exploded, I sat back.. let the big dogs roll it in.
                        Still have not found the dyamics of what I do as a northerner. All machines suck, you will have a piece of something else in it.

I could not find anything hot rod... until about 8 years ago, then learned demographically, bangshift will show up for northeast usa easy enough. (I got advice to start local)

not too long to remember.. that is how long.

For some years, I was a beeline to northwest usa, like in a proxy misguided.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I lurked for a few days before signing up. It was posted about on the Car Craft forum. I wasn't on the Hot Rod forum and didn't even know who Frieburger or Chad were
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I was lost after the HRM forum went to crap, I floated around until Scott told me about CJTV, I joined and have been here ever since...my join date doesn't reflect because my original screen and password vanished during the CJTV BS crossover.
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Dec. 5, 2007. Originally I was HoosierGTA. It the format change yhat got me caught not being able to remember my yahoo Account . Just no way to get back in . So I tweaked.my original screen name a bit and kept the avtar.
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                              X