How long have you been a bang shifter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    But no one knows WHAT else! I've met him in real life and he's a great guy.

Dan
    I have met him in real life also. , We met with Matt in Calhoun Ga. for breakfast. I thought he would be shorter than he was.
    OH YEAH
    Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

• I have met pdub, he wasn't a car guy then. We currupted him.
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by hoofhearted View Post

I have met him in real life also. , We met with Matt in Calhoun Ga. for breakfast. I thought he would be shorter than he was.
        That was the SECOND BS lunch for me and it was great. I've bought some platform soles since them.

I'm even taller than Dan stokes. And yes, corrupted for sure. It's cost me a whole lot of money. Track fees, motels.....tires, parts....and I've loved every bit of it. Matt caused it. That first lunch.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Originally posted by peewee View Post
          Matt caused it. That first lunch.
          How did you meet Matt in the first place ?

Comment

• Originally posted by White Monster View Post

How did you meet Matt in the first place ?
            Good grief......how much time do y'all have? Well, okay, here goes...I thought it was documented here already years ago, but maybe not if you're not already hip to it Steve.

So I've got the website Weeville.com. I can't edit it any more. It's frozen in time, it is what it is. It's still there.

A BangShifter years ago, screen name HEMI, real name Dave...West Coast....he posted something from Weeville on Bangshift. I have a hit counter on Weeville. At least for the last 20 visitors, I can see who hit Weeville. I looked one afternoon, a hit from a site called BangShift.com. So I looked. And I joined and logged in to thank HEMI for posting something from Weeville on BangShift. I completely bypassed the "Introduce Yourself" stuff.

A few exchanges later, Ron Ward said, "I like this guy." A few weeks later, Matt .... I think he sent me a PM.....invited me out to lunch in Chattanooga. I was nervous as hell. Now I'm gonna meet somebody. He called me out, wants to meet. So there we were at the Steak and Shake and he's telliing me about Pumpkin the Car. Cubic displacement, gear ratios and all of that stuff.....when he paused, I said, "I don't know anything about all of that." What a look on his face. Surprised, but not deterred.

And in no time he was leading me and Sue Unit down the road to Maxton. He was gonna show us what it was all about. And we were shooting pool and drinking beer in the Weeville pool hall. Matt took it upon himself to call me out. And he didn't care that I wasn't a real car guy.

Last edited by pdub; January 2, 2015, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• How many of you have an original CarjunkieTV T-shirt?

Comment

• In 2006 a friend shamed me into bringing my car out of 13 years of storage. We drove it to meet up with the Power Tour in Mt. Airy, NC, it ran like crap, and had brake problems and Kathy had to push while I bump started it. We missed 07 and 08 because the route was too far away, somewhere in the mid-west. In 2009 we caught up with PT in Sommerset Ky and took it to Bristol, Tn. for a 2 day trip. In 2010 we did 4 days from Bowling Green Ky to Mobile Al,-----102 degrees in a dark blue car, black interior and no AC, Kathy said next year we're doing the Long Haul! I said "are you crazy?" We've been Long Hauling ever since in the same car. I figured if we were gonna do the Long Haul, I'd better learn a little bit about what it takes. Went to Hot Rod's "official forum" and saw that there was also an "unofficial forum" Hmmmmm, we're more unofficial people than official people so here we are since Feb. 2011. PS.....met a lot of great Bang Shifters along the way.
                Last edited by papasmurf587; January 2, 2015, 07:56 PM.
                John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

• Originally posted by AFFORDILLAC View Post
                  How many of you have an original CarjunkieTV T-shirt?

I have one. Keith Turk gave it to me
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post

I have one. Keith Turk gave it to me
                    Win. Turk is elusive, you're lucky to get 30 seconds in front of him. I sure liked the two or three thirty seconds I got in front of him. What a guy.

He's one of my heroes, accomplishments AND personality as well.
                    Last edited by pdub; January 2, 2015, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, I went to the Car Junkie open house at the shop, unfortunately a hard drive failure in 2008 caused me to lose about 3-4 months worth of pictures, and my Car Junkie Open House ones were in that group
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by AFFORDILLAC View Post
                        How many of you have an original CarjunkieTV T-shirt?
                        I have one that Keith Turk gave to me at Daytona Beach Bike Week in 2008. I'll have to try and find a pic ....

Comment

• DF gave me a box of T shirts the day they were cleaning out of the CJTV HQ when it folded up. I have two of them. The rest were XXL's, tents on me, so they became new engine rags.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• At Maxton....my 30 seconds....Keith, this is my wife Sue Unit..... He looked straight at Sue Unit and said, "You could have done better." HHAAhahahahaahahAH!!!!!!!!!! That made me write a song about him. Yeah, Keith is the whole piece of work. All you can do is just stand back and admire him if you're me. I sure do like that guy. He's somebody for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by White Monster View Post

I have one that Keith Turk gave to me at Daytona Beach Bike Week in 2008. I'll have to try and find a pic ....
                              The last time I was at bike week I got bounced out of the Boothill Saloon.... they say that's not an easy thing to do but it sure did seem easy at the time.
                              Last edited by G-Motive; January 2, 2015, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• I hung out with Keith a couple of times. Once when they were working on the LSR Camaro at CJTV. I was wearing my limo driver suit, sitting on the floor of the garage bolting on the air dam. Not sure if he thought I was weird or nuts. He tried to teach me something about aerodynamics, but since I had about 2 hours sleep, he could've been speaking Chinese for all I knew.
                                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X