For the Love of a Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Love of a Car

I'll bet I went nearly 30 years without washing a car I owned. Surely longer than that before I waxed another one. Mother Nature was in charge of washing. After all, it'll only get dirty again anyhow. And it'll still get you there and back no matter if you wash it or not. Dirt is not a mechanical ability factor.

Until I got Red. Sue Unit marveled, "I've never SEEN you wax a car before." She forgot she never saw me wash one.

Today, a short day at work and a warm afternoon, I went after Red's wheels. The 10-inch wheels, about 90% of those rims are behind the spokes. And vanity aside, the nasty black stuff on the inner 9 inches crawls out onto the outer one inch if you drive a mile in the rain. So there's "logic" to the madness and effort of cleaning the whole wheel.

Today I put Red up on jack stands, took all of his wheels off, cleaned them, inside and out, and rotated the tires while I was at it. Just sayin. What a step change from driving appliances just to move one's butt around town.

Jast sayin' and asking....if you get what I'm saying and asking....Red's wheels are cleaner than our house right now. And that was a lot of work. And nobody in the world really cares or will ever notice except for me. And it won't last after I drive him again. Just sayin'.....I did it, and I don't every bit understand it myself, but it was fun.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Last edited by Guest; March 7, 2014, 02:59 PM.

Comment

I do it, 9.5 and 10" rims...I scrub them up every so often...the engine bay in my car is cleaner than my house on any given day...I get it.
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

This new platform .... I'm too old for this, can't learn it and I get aggravated when it goes off in my hand and.....well, never mind....shut up peewee, just shut up.

Comment

You CAN teach an old dog new tricks!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
          X