2014 Detroit Autorama - Show Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Detroit Autorama - Show Coverage

I just finished uploading all my photos from today's trip to the Detroit Autorama. Here are just a few of my 300+ I took. Check out my blog to get the full experience.

Motor City Muscle

I just watched the video by scotty tv, riviera with mid mounted engine. It looks orange in photo, yellow in the video.

probably iredescent.
    wild build.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I took around 150 pics yesterday. Can't upload from my phone, so either Brian will get some or I'll post them when I get home in a couple days.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
        I just watched the video by scotty tv, riviera with mid mounted engine. It looks orange in photo, yellow in the video.

probably iredescent.
        wild build.
        I guess I picked the ridler winner, second year in a row.
        thanks for photos, its like a heads up before the contest has news..

my misinformation came from the unupdated scottydtv about it. The two turbos are in the back, run compressed air eight feet back to the front.

I actually drove in one of those, called boat tail.. guy drove it to work every day. I did not like the glass in the sun.

one thing I would have done different if to play with that much distance for turbos.. a diesel v8.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 9, 2014, 06:38 PM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

It was great to meet Andy and his friends Eddie and Eddie Sr. when they dropped off the trailer with heavy machinery on board at our place for the weekend.
          Another great bunch of talented guys I got to spend time with thanks to this site.
          Matt and I got down to cobo, met up with the Vermont contingent, as well as Carl with his 55 in the dragweek display.
          The show is something every hot rodder needs to see at some point in life.
          At $19 a ticket (cheaper if you get them discounted before hand) plan on staying as long as you can, and plan on walking.... ALOT.
          According to my fitbit gadget - we walked over 4.5 miles and it could have easily been more.
          I have a few cell phone picks but nothing spectacular - it was simply too crowded saturday afternoon to get good pictures.
          The one thing that really struck me this year was seeing the Troy Trepanier creations up close in person.... they're awe inspiring. Perfectly flat panels, perfectly straight and even panel gaps, joints and seems that make you wonder how the heck they did it and made it look so smooth.... countless man hours spent on every detail - just like the top 8 cars past and present... rolling master pieces of art and craftsmanship.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Thanks ... was down on Saturday, forgot to take my camera ... D'OH!!

cheers
            Ed
            Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
            07 Mustang GT with some stuff
            88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

JF Kustoms the builder of the Riv , is a fellow British Columbian and I'm very happy to see that he's made the great 8 "again" . He must of had some left over paint from the 55 Chrysler he built approx 5 years ago and won many awards with . I was reading that he's got over $300,000 in parts and material not including his labour in the Riviera . The jury is still out as far I'm concerned .

Comment

Originally posted by langleylad View Post
                JF Kustoms the builder of the Riv , is a fellow British Columbian and I'm very happy to see that he's made the great 8 "again" . He must of had some left over paint from the 55 Chrysler he built approx 5 years ago and won many awards with . I was reading that he's got over $300,000 in parts and material not including his labour in the Riviera . The jury is still out as far I'm concerned .

Well, the Riv won the Ridler. I had it between that one and the orange 32 4 door sedan.

If you've never been to one of the big shows such as the Detroit and Sacremento Autoramas, GNRS, or similar, you need to put it on your list. I've never considered myself a car show type, but the quality, craftsmanship, and ingenuity of the top builders can only be truely appreciated in person.

As John mentioned, we all met up and had a good time BS'ing and looking over some of the highlights of the show.

Comment

Cool pics! Thanks for sharing!
                  2013- Murphy, NC Road Side Fan Between Chattanooga & Charlotte 2014- Charlotte-Knoxville-Charleston: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

I did a blog on Down Industries about a year ago, and how they were getting out of the fiberglass body industry. Long known for their high quality, I was disappointed to hear the news. Thankfully, a nearby Michigan company bought their body business up, starting Downs Cars, and continuing production. That red and white C1 Corvette above? Yeah, that's a kit car. They are, to my knowledge, the only company that produces near replicas of C1 and C2 Vettes. That Vette was also amongst my favorites at the show, and initially, I did not realize it was a kit car.
                    Motor City Muscle

Comment

Great Pics!! Thanks for posting them. LOVE that cougar.
                      Last edited by oldsman496; March 11, 2014, 07:03 PM. Reason: testing...1.2.3...
                      Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Working...
                      X