Unbelievable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable

Tomorrow is the 4x4 swap meet in Puyallup. I love going to auto part swap meets, and this one really kicks off the year (okay, going to the Corvette swap meet in the snow was interesting - but it's tiny compared to this one).
    I'm not going, I don't feel like it. I don't need anything, but as anyone knows, the reason to go is to get "good deals" for stuff you never knew you needed.... yet I can't motivate myself to go

it gets worse

The largest swap meet (bigger than Hersey - their story is because it's two, different swap meets on adjoining properties it's not larger ) of the year is the 1st weekend (starting wednesday) in April.

I'm not going (this might change, but odds are I won't be there)

There are a multitude of reasons:
    1) no real deals - I haven't bought anything in the last 5 years that was a great deal
    2) it's easier to shop and sell on ebay
    3) it's a fair amount of walking (one year, I wore a step counter and had walked 12 miles doing 1/2 of the largest swap meet)

maybe it's time to retire my swap meet, little red wagon....

For sale:
    Little red wagon, less than 100k miles a bit rough from hauling vises, mudder tires, and all other manner of treasure from swap meets.

Though, as I write this out I remember that I've made a lot of friends going to these things

Hmmm.... I think I've changed my mind - anyone need anything 4x4 related?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Our policy regarding swap meets was always, go if we feel like it and don't if we don't. If we do, count on spending about 150-300% of what ever is budgeted. It's usually entertaining, at least.

Unfortunately the swap meet scene here is pretty lame, you gotta go up to L.A. for the good stuff, so it's been a while.

Comment

Don't forget to get a hot dog for lunch. And a diet Coke.
      Last edited by oletrux4evr; March 8, 2014, 09:48 AM.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
      X