No announcement yet.

What did you do to your car today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replaced left side shaft housing and put new blades on it.

Wait - wrong forum. I drove it.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
      disconnected the vacuum advance and turned up the timing....runs fantastic now....

I did away with vac advance as well...but on the old style disty, that is unique. I am using led sensor and a digital ignition to get away with it.

I ponder standards of fuel changes yet again..

anyway,
      got pump installed, the 14psi summit.
      dialed in the normally capped secondary afr screw in rochester monojet carbs...

really fun. sounds just like a hummingbird. Not a boxer trait at all.

I am as of now, ready for the loring run. The 1.8 liter catgeory is so scarse, they do not even have a record written yet...no one tried it.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• Took off the Holley, installed a rebuilt Q-jet from Jet.
        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

• I drove the 74 Nova and the wife and I installed a new headliner in the 66 Mustang.
          Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
          74 Nova Project
          66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
          79 Chevy Truck Project
          1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• I somehow busted out the passenger side rear window on my HHR when I was mowing tonight. Just lovely. I have no idea how. I don't remember hitting anything,and I had the bagger hooked up too. I can't find anything in the yard,or in the car. I went around to the front yard to get my blower,and that's when I noticed the window was gone. My neighbor was mowing at the same time,but he had his bagger on too,and it's just a push mower. I don't think he did it.

My wife's best friend died 4 years ago yesterday at the age of 38. Sweet girl. I remember her saying that she would never sell a car she owned in town because she didn't want to see it going down the street with a trash bag over the window. Well,Christi I have a trash bag on my window for the first time ever.
            sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

• I put my original type steering wheel on. It took me a week to repair the cracks and paint it. Paint will probably wear off. Don't care. It now cancels the turn signals when I turn. Really great. People aren't throwing me the finger because I'm signaling a turn for about 3 miles. Probably keep throwing me the finger but at least it will be for a different reason.

Comment

• Put everything back together that I took apart to fix my transmission. Drove that mother!
                1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
                1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

• I pushed the snow off the LeMans and shoveled most of it from ahead of it in hopes to drag it out this week.

Comment

• After a week of being couch-ridden I finally got more power steering fluid. Then I drove the thing to see how the new steering box felt. MUCH better.

Found fourth gear too, just over 95mph. I loosened the tv cable slightly but haven't driven it again, yet.
                    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

• Well actually two days ago I put my original type steering wheel on my pick up. Makes my turn signals work. Maybe people will stop throwing me the finger because I've been signaling left turn for 3 miles. Today (and yesterday) I'm getting my wife's car ready for a local car show, It's pretty neat, right on the beach, combined with a boat show and a chili cook-off (yum). It's a fun show more like a 2-day picnic. I do wish, for her sake she would win a trophy. She's very competive, my thinking is if you are going to rod runs and car shows for trophies, your going for all the wrong reasons. She won a lot of trophies with the 28 Model A sedan I built her but the tri-five class she's in is much more competitrive.

Comment

• Comment

• New tires on the HHR today,and a new side window to replace the one I busted out Wednesday night.

I'm gonna start the C10 and let it bump for a bit. I need to back it out and put some stuff in the attic. Battery was dead when I tried so I've got the charger on it.
                          sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

• Found out that the serpentine belt doesn't like shifts at 6,500+rpm when it barely fits at maximum adjustment. New belt installed, test drive coming soon.
                            1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
                            1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

• Originally posted by 1970camaroRS View Post
                              Found out that the serpentine belt doesn't like shifts at 6,500+rpm when it barely fits at maximum adjustment. New belt installed, test drive coming soon.

Heck yeah! Try it at 7500!
                              sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

• Drove it like I stole it.

And it LOVES twistys.
                                Last edited by 68scott385; April 11, 2014, 04:18 PM.
                                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Working...
                                X