No announcement yet.

What did you do to your car today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tore down the Centurion's steering column and tightened the tilt column bolts and replaced the ignition lock cylinder. Then swapped it's tires back on (been living on spare tires while a set of drag radials were on the stock rims), vacuumed it out, washed it, and took it for a drive.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Took the Turd(le) to the race track, to watch test n tune. Adjusted the steering box three times, steering is tight but there's too much slop before it starts to turn. I guess it's time for a new steering box, why not the rest of the suspension & steering system is new.

And noticed it won't shift into fourth gear. Time to move that trans swap up the priority list.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
        Took the Turd(le) to the race track, to watch test n tune. Adjusted the steering box three times, steering is tight but there's too much slop before it starts to turn. I guess it's time for a new steering box, why not the rest of the suspension & steering system is new.

And noticed it won't shift into fourth gear. Time to move that trans swap up the priority list.
        Sure it isn't a bad rag joint or steering shaft?
        1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
        1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by 1970camaroRS View Post

Sure it isn't a bad rag joint or steering shaft?
          No rag joint, Jeep intermediate shaft like Brian's Buford. The steering box its the only thing in that system that has not been replaced, well, except the ps pump.

Old v. New

Last edited by 68scott385; March 22, 2014, 11:08 PM.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post

No rag joint, Jeep intermediate shaft like Brian's Buford. The steering box its the only thing in that system that has not been replaced, well, except the ps pump.

Old v. New

That's on the list of things to do with my G-body Cutlass. Very common swap.

In other news, I finished the heater/ac-control delete plate and installed the check-engine light and the air-fuel ratio gauge in it. Interior is 99% put back together.

Oh, and I ripped the vynil top off the car. Doesn't look too bad underneath.

Comment

Worked on the '99 Z28 today, got a few things done that I need to do before Summer hits. New passenger side wheel hub, the ABS sensor was bad, installed a new Alternator, and a new ATI damper, along with doing an oil change, new belts to. Next on the rack will be the '71 GMC.

The Green Machine.
              http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

I got that bitch running for the first time in 2 years! Set the carb up, timed it...might try to drive it this weekend after I tie up some loose ends
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I tried to run a newer GTO but I think I scared him when the front end came up.

Comment

Got the stuck calipers ( LF & RR ) off. Finally found the socket for the lug locks.
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Went to the junk yard and got the long needed window regulator for the C10, and also picked up a dash cluster with gauges to replace the stock one with idiot lights. Stopped by the auto parts store on the way home to get the senders for the oil and water - also got new exhaust manifold gaskets; mine have been leaking for a while, and getting louder.

Not sure when I'll have time to install any of it - this week is busy, this weekend is going camping, and next weekend is a convention... but at least I got the parts.

Comment

went for a ride in the wind when it was peaked. never heard wind that steady.. ~~ jacked way up, my own frankenstein rear end.. positive rake on the highway. Good extreme test today. I can see why boxers are in airplanes.. thing is a gyro rocket. Brought gas up over the eighth mark, only got stiffer. awaiting a fuel pump over two times resolute.. the last old school piece going away.
                        Attached Files
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Drove it to Waldos and had dinner.

Comment

A little work on the 73 Formula

I think the spray-bomb job is good enough till she blows.

Comment

Drove it. Started to diagnose why the trans is in limp-home 2nd gear only.

Comment

Changed out the headlights. Cleaned the interior (kinda). Figured out I'm going to have to take off the fenders to get the doors to fit better. That's ok because I needed to adjust the fenders anyway. Dug out some stuff from around the TBird (hey, it's progress, leave me alone!). Cleared out some space in the shop to actually work on stuff again. Organized and put away tools (been putting that one off, finally got tired of hunting for everything).
                                I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X