No announcement yet.

What did you do to your car today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Formula is lacking nutrition. I need a couple shoe-ins so I can feed it properly.

Comment

• I picked up the factory trans from the trans shop, still waiting for the new trans to be installed. They couldn't find the new torque convertor, it was in the trunk, of the wagon....3rd seat floorboard.

Good thing I have other toys to play with.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

• Took it to a guy to fix rust holes in the roof and then I took a nap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Casper View Post
          Ordered new front hub bearings for the wifes eplorer. Local auto parts $134 each, e-bay $96 for the pair and free shipping. What the hell would we do without e-bay?
          true.
          I just got some 8.8mm accel 7041 for $60.

thanks to a porsche forum, I deciphered a problem related to boxer engines, not wires.
          the error went on as precise as same rpm ranges, and repairs...
          it was funny to find.

another interesting trait.. both engines are near 90hp per liter. Must be impedance load due to compression.

inline fours don't know what that is..
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• Painted the roll cage. First coat, that is. Using a brush, so I dont have to worry about overspray. And I got some model car paint, chrome, color, to do the gauge cluster, looks like it'll turn out ok.
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
              I picked up the factory trans from the trans shop, still waiting for the new trans to be installed. They couldn't find the new torque convertor, it was in the trunk, of the wagon....3rd seat floorboard.

in other words, in plain view. lol

Im looking forward to ditching my powerglide for that 700r4 Ive got sitting in the corner of my garage. mustang goes in for its gear swap/rear axle leak on monday, so I can start getting started with swapping the trans in about a week and a half
              Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shelty View Post
                Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
                I picked up the factory trans from the trans shop, still waiting for the new trans to be installed. They couldn't find the new torque convertor, it was in the trunk, of the wagon....3rd seat floorboard.
                in other words, in plain view. lol

Im looking forward to ditching my powerglide for that 700r4 Ive got sitting in the corner of my garage. mustang goes in for its gear swap/rear axle leak on monday, so I can start getting started with swapping the trans in about a week and a half
                In their defense that 3rd seat was closed but I told them where the parts were when I dropped the car off. The ONLY reason they are doing the R&R is so I get a warranty with the transmission.

Don't let people make you nervous about your 700r4 swap. It's easy and the only real modification should be cross member placement, I measured from my factory bolts and made new holes in my frame, cross member stays square to the rest of the car, transmission has a place to sit.
                Last edited by 68scott385; May 7, 2014, 12:02 PM.
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

• Bucket Seat

Attached Files
                  Last edited by 74NovaMan; May 11, 2014, 09:01 PM.
                  Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                  74 Nova Project
                  66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                  79 Chevy Truck Project
                  1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• poked some little holes in the front of hood scoop.

tricky as a thermostat. This one would have popped the front of the hood like my last one.. good intuition, runs great.(I cannot have an open one)..strange phenomena... not enough engine bay for the volume of work.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post

In their defense that 3rd seat was closed but I told them where the parts were when I dropped the car off. The ONLY reason they are doing the R&R is so I get a warranty with the transmission.

Don't let people make you nervous about your 700r4 swap. It's easy and the only real modification should be cross member placement, I measured from my factory bolts and made new holes in my frame, cross member stays square to the rest of the car, transmission has a place to sit.

thanks man, its going to be super easy, I ordered a trans mount that bolts right in, it allows the 700r4 to go in without modification to the stock mounts.
                      Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• Actually did car stuff today, and yesterday! Washed the red car and took it for a drive or two, enjoyed the stares from the cute college girls too. Been working on the LeMans getting it ready for some cruising and scaring driving, lots done on it so far like mounting the radiator, setting up the fuel system, running trans cooler lines, installing the dash/gauges, and getting the little stuff done that takes time but shows little progress. Taking donations...

Comment

• Rained here Friday and Saturday So I could not paint. ... Opened the garage Sunday late in the day... looked around then decided it was not a good idea to start a new project that late in the day....will try again this Friday.
                          It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

• I put it up on ebay
                            Attached Files
                            www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                            Bruce K Bridges

Comment

• The Performer RPM intake on my ol' bouncy truck has had a coolant leak since before I bought the truck. Apparently, it has a hairline crack in it. Well, that crack recently decided to open up a bit and has been dumping coolant out near the water outlet at an increased rate. Today, I decided it was time to do something about it. So, I wheeled the truck into the garage and yanked off the intake. I'm glad I pulled it when I did. After the hunk of leaking aluminum was out of the way, I could see a coolant stain in the #2 intake port from where the intake had been leaking. I plunked down a good ol' Performer on top of the heads and bolted everything back together. All is good in my world now.
                              It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

• Earl's bed wood shows 7 years of being in the sun. The weather has finally warmed up enough to varnish for several days in a row, so the bed is loose and comes off tomorrow.
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                                X